Payment Question.

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
Invisible Evil

Payment Question.

Post by Invisible Evil »

More often than not lately I have been hearing about people getting payments very late.
Am I being a prick in thinking that if you sell someone something and ship it priority mail, that the party buying should send the $$ via priority also if say paypal isnt an option? Especially in the case of a cross ship, just doesnt seem very fair to send something that is rec. in 2-3 days then have to wait 10 days to get your payment??

Im not speaking about anyone here, everyone I have done deals with on PCA have been super cool. Just I have been reading some other forums where the old. PO must have lost it, or OOPS i sent to wrong address which is BS have been coming up alot lately.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Usually the problem in getting a payment in a timely manner by mail isn't because they send it first class instead of priority. It has more to do with how fast they get it in the mail and how they prepare the envelope for mailing.

Priority mail was impemented as a way of moving heavier items with the same speed as first class instead of the slower parcel post. My experience has shown that most first class mail arrives in about the same time as anything sent by priority.

Two easy steps can be taken that will help to insure that the mail goes through the system efficiently.
  1. Use the proper postal address formatting.
    Most of us don't even know how our own address should be written out. It's a simple thing to go to the USPS site and click on the "Find a Zip Code" to get the "Standard Format" for an address. When you get it you'll notice that there is no punctuation and its all in uppercase letters. That's the way they want to see it at the post office.
  2. Print the envelope
    That's right, print it. Most of us have printers but so seldom do I ever see anyone use them to address envelopes. The mail that travels quickest is the mail that can be read by the sorting machines. Those machines cannot read handwriting worth a hoot. so save your beautiful (*cough*) handwriting for your love letters. And when you print don't be creative, the machines are limited in their efficiency by which fonts they can read. I've found that Arial works very well.
    [/list=1]

Most envelopes that I send arrive in 2 to 3 days with a first class stamp. You wouldn't believe how much the mail speeds up when you use the steps that I described above.
[align=center]Image[/align]
renovation

Post by renovation »

i know for me my post office is the worst - i have sent boxs or letters . right to the post office and sent priority mail and and they not arrive to indy 300 miles south or to chicago (gregs-nexus 7) and taken 14 days to get there !
the one to indy was a bottle of dye i got for mjs22 and i returned to my post office with the sales slip and tracking slip . the people there said that it was from there place . did some kind of search -took like 10 or 15 mins then gave the paper work to fill out for a claim . i started to fill it out at the office but needed more info then i had on me . so put in my sun viser .and there still there - seems funny but the goods arrived to mjs 22 over that weekend .

it was only a $9 bottle of dye for water cooling but hell did i feel bad . i did the guy a favor and it over twice as long as normal to arrive .
i drove to crazy pc there only 15-20 min. from me . but dam it been better for me to of let him just got it and had them ship it .

anyway know for the most part not all do i do try to use DHL there ground service seems to be about the same or maybe cheaper at times . on carton goods going out of my state .and the tracking service is free insured for $100 and quick !

now if its in state -only way is the post office .
found a 1 pound box in state DHL delivered costs 3-4 times as much as the post office !
they wanted $16 to deliver a box to chris (guido1) 20 miles from me ! and i was giving him the goods .
guido cam by and just picked it up but we do see each other alot anyway ! but $15 for a one pound box 20 miles thats crazy . ;)
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

whenever I ship stuff I print out the labels and bar code the zip - it seems to help

When paying by MO on a cross ship or something, I will usually send the MO priority/delivery as a matter of courtesy to the selller - it may not get there that much faster, but it ihas tracking and provides a lot of peace of mind to the seller for a couple of bucks on my end. I appreciate the courtesy of someone doing a super packing job that may increase the shipping cost so I don't mind an extra couple of bucks on my end
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

What TonyH said , sending a MO first class should get there as fast as sending it priority . But if the sender drags his feet getting to the post office , they can't blame that on the post office .

Invisible Evil

Post by Invisible Evil »

Yeah any form of at least something other than just plain ol dropping it in the mailbox. Not only does it protect you but it protects me.
MrSector9
Goober Member

Post by MrSector9 »

I agree.Any money order I send I use Canadapost Expresspost international (costing on average $10) this gives the seller a tracking number and also gives me the peace of mind of insurance,tracking and delivery confirmation.

BJ White