post problems here, but read first

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
MoFo

post problems here, but read first

Post by MoFo »

please just post the problem you have...give all details...what you did to get the problem, what error message you got...

Please only post problems and errors you get...

I will point thrax to this thread and he will fix as his time permits, so lets make it easy for him to see whats going on

thanx
Justlookin

Custom Avatar upload problem

Post by Justlookin »

This problem is also listed elsewhere, but I thought I'd repost it here with the error message I get when attempting to upload image to my profile. I tried it from image shack and my computer and have the same message.

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.
Ed H
:s cratch
Justlookin

User CP Problems

Post by Justlookin »

Some user options are missing in the user control panel. One being that you can not add a custom signature. Anyone that was registered before the 2006 restore point seems to still have a custom signature. Anyone registered after that had to re-register and the option doesn't exist. I think alot of other options may be missing also.
Ed H
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I can probably summarize most of the issues.

#1 (FIXED!) PCABUSERS.NET is pointing at the forum URL (http://www.pcabusers.com/forums) not at the main index page. Since the BBS sends email notifications and confirmations using the PCABUSER.NET URL, links in email notifications are broken (unless you copy & paste the URL into the browser and substitute .COM for .NET). Not sure if this is something Blade has to fix since it's probably an issue concerning the domains. I suspect a lot of the problems might be related to this since the BBS seems to use the .NET address as the default for internal workings.

#2 (1/2 fixed - works from a URL now) You can't upload custom avatars (either direct upload from your PC or via a URL addy). The BBS returns an error having to do with writing a temp file. I suspect this is also related to PCABUSERS.NET pointing to the wrong location but not sure.

#3- (1/2 fixed - works from a URL now) You can't upload a custom signature picture. Same issue as #2 I presume.

#4 (FIXED!) The format of the threads is different from what we're used to. When in a thread we're used to having seeing the poster's name and avatar in a column on the left, not as a header in his post as it is now. Blade hasn't been able to figure out how to change it in the admin settings.

#5 (FIXED!) You can't use the "quick reply" box at the bottom of a thread. I think this is because the forum is in a mode where you can have multiple threads within a thread, but we're not used to that. We prefer a straight linear thread.

I *think* that's the main issues right now.

We appreciate your help Mofo & Thrax!
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

#5 You can't use the "quick reply" box at the bottom of a thread. I think this is because the forum is in a mode where you can have multiple threads within a thread, but we're not used to that. We prefer a straight linear thread.
You can, but you have to select the "Quick Reply to this Message" from the last poster (or any previous thread). It's located next to the Quote and multi-quote icons. The old board did not have this issue as to having to select this icon first.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Issues #4 & 5 on my list are now fixed thanks to sbp!
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Blade has fixed issue #1 (PCAbusers.NET not pointing to the proper URL), so email notifications links are working again.

Justlookin

Post by Justlookin »

Good job Blade. Keep up the good work.
Ed H
::
MoFo

Post by MoFo »

Great job guys!!!

thanx
MoFo

Post by MoFo »

[19:34] nash> you get a chance to look at this, most got fixed but the rest is going to take someone like you
[19:34] nash> hehe
[19:34] nash> http://www.pcabusers.com/forums/showpos ... ostcount=4
[19:34] Thrax|away> i know
[19:35] Thrax|away> i fixed some stuff
[19:35] nash> thanx
[19:35] nash> whats left??
[19:35] Thrax|away> stuff I'll need to email support
[19:35] Thrax|away> see if they can change the server configuration
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

Thanks MoFo,blade,FP, and the rest of you guys that are working on the issues.

I would offer to help, but trust me, the best way for me to help is stay out of the way :s mile

It is appreciated very much!

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

nitro237 wrote:Thanks MoFo,blade,FP, and the rest of you guys that are working on the issues.

I would offer to help, but trust me, the best way for me to help is stay out of the way :s mile

It is appreciated very much!
None of you know how true this is! Well, maybe IE and myself lol..... j/j Phil is a great guy, but he not so friendly with the web format stuff.. Me either for that matter.. But... I'm learning! But, if you ever needed a cop, Phil would be the best one ever! :D

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Avatar & Sig uploads from a URL are now working. Direct uploads from your hard drive are not.

Justlookin

Post by Justlookin »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Avatar & Sig uploads from a URL are now working. Direct uploads from your hard drive are not.
Profile pics have to come from URL yet too. Upload not working from hardrive there either.
[LEFT]ImageImage[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Ed H alias: PH to my friends and maybe a few enemies too. :beer[/LEFT]

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting-
"Damn, what a ride".
darcy

email notification of PMs

Post by darcy »

i do not seem to be getting email notifications of PMs { @ least from those in Mod usergroup }.

{ yes,, i do have the option checked in my CP } :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.