*** Traders to Avoid *** Updated 8/04/08

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
SiliconJon
Goober Member

Post by SiliconJon »

A second note for Thronka. He told me he was going to purchase a 12X DVD and Radeon 7500 on XPC. He first claimed that his first payment attempt was sent back undeliverable, and then when his second claimed mailing never arrived [which was to include the returned envelope from the first] he accused the situation of being quarky, but then changed his tone and offered to send PayPal. I refused and told him only arrival of the payment he allegedly mailed or legitimate proof of why it never arrived would complete the trade. Even after the first failed attempt and my reiterating he needs to send payment with delivery confirmation, he did not. Since neither requirement to complete the trade was satisfied I have to say Thronka never sent a single payment, and only lied repeatedly.

And I must also say that I posted in my thread at XPC's forum that what he did was not cool and a moderator removed my post content! There were no personal attacks or insults that I recall, only a brief posting of the matter. Does that seem wrong, or am I wrong? Should there be no posting of this matter in their own trading forum??!
mazzie
Goober Member

I hate ebay

Post by mazzie »

My fiance and I bought a 4800+ a mb and ram off of ebay.

Over 2 months later, still nothing.

We spent $920 US on it, and have found all these posts on oveclockers from the person we bought it from saying that he fried his 4800.. :/

We filed a claim with paypal and have only got $175US back because that's the maximum they can give us and apparently the rest of it is owed to us by this butt head.

We spoke to him on the phone and he said we're not getting the rest of the money.

He said he shipped in surface mail and it would take 4 months to get here.

First off he said 2-4 weeks..

I have filed a claim with national fraud and us..

What are the chances of getting the rest of my money back? I know I'm probably going to get this package in about 2 months and it's going to be a fried 4800 and fried mb..

Just wanted to have a winge.. Any advice on what else to do?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
mazzie
Goober Member

Post by mazzie »

By the way his name is David Paul Guthrie and he is a member of the US Army and is stationed in Stuttgart, Germany atm.

I have his phone number too. But because he has technically sent it (so he says) he says he never said it was guaranteed to work and we're not getting our money back.

I just don't know what to do next.. :(

He wrote us an email saying that it was working when he removed it from his pc, but we found posts under his screenname dpgthing at overclockers saying he fried it.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

You might want to get in contact with his commanding officer. Provide him with all the information from his ebay auction, his posts about the motherboard and CPU at overclockers.com, and copies of his emails. You may find that the US military service takes a rather dim view of their men doing this sort of thing and they'll get things done that others can't.
[align=center]Image[/align]
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Originally posted by TonyH
You might want to get in contact with his commanding officer. Provide him with all the information from his ebay auction, his posts about the motherboard and CPU at overclockers.com, and copies of his emails. You may find that the US military service takes a rather dim view of their men doing this sort of thing and they'll get things done that others can't.

I'll second what TonyH said. Best thing to do is find out who his CO is and they will take care of it for you. Best of Luck!

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
mazzie
Goober Member

Post by mazzie »

How would I go about that..?
LutaWicasa

Post by LutaWicasa »

Originally posted by mazzie
How would I go about that..?

Hey mazzie,

Just sent you a mail with the CO's name, mail addy and phone number as well as contact info for JAG :)

Lots'o luck...lemme know how it goes, eh? ;)
Heatware
My heroes have always killed cowboys.
TangleWeb
Goober Member

Post by TangleWeb »

asaqwert: (Kevin).

Forum: Ars Technica, The Agora;

Sold a DOA motherboard and DVD-Rom drive to an Agora trader in 2001, failed to answer emails from buyer or moderator , and then showed up on the Agora 4 years later, expecting everyone to forgive and forget.

He was suspended from any dealings in the Agora until restitution was made, then after 4 months he sent a profanity filled email to the trader he ripped off stating in no uncertain terms that he had no intention of EVER paying him. This apparently because he was tired of the trader trying to get his money & who finally called him a "deadbeat".

Lives in British Columbia, Canada

asaqwert (Kevin) is banned from trading in the Agora.

~Dave
TangleWeb
basscleff
Goober Member

Avoid: Anthony

Post by basscleff »

I paid for an item, never received it, only received lies.

Information:
Company: MIX DOWN PRODUCTIONS
Name: Anthony
emails: rythembeat@hotmail.com, info@dropthebeat.net

Drop The Beat
941 Phillip Street
Peterborough, ON K9H6E9
CA
Alternative info:
Phone: 905-472-6275
2 Barker Crt.
Markham Ontario

Stay away from this thief
bjd12157
Goober Member

Post by bjd12157 »

this complaint has been resolved.
bjd
Honeychile
Goober Member

Scammers

Post by Honeychile »

Well dudes, here is a c**t i want smoked out

xhighlordx on AIM, also on a Paypal email of ggmoneys@hotmail.com he yanked 45 bucks off me when i was buying WoW time.

Any info would be appreciated.
TonyH

Re: Scammers

Post by TonyH »

Originally posted by Honeychile
Well dudes, here is a c**t i want smoked out

xhighlordx on AIM, also on a Paypal email of ggmoneys@hotmail.com he yanked 45 bucks off me when i was buying WoW time.

Any info would be appreciated.

From the looks of things you're dealing with a 15 year old from Toronto Canada.
http://www.torontofunleague.com/index.p ... ;topicseen

You should first file a complaint with PayPal if you haven't already done so and then send me any information that you have about him to me in private message. I will look tonight to see if I can find out anything more about him and possibly his parents.
[align=center]Image[/align]
JFlo
Goober Member

Post by JFlo »

Okay well i was scammed by Dave Risher or thats what he called him self. He is one in the same as richert david and all those other names. This is the info I have on him.

He scammed me for $502
Bought: Amd Athlon 64 4400 X2 & DFI lanparty DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Given Name: Dave Risher
Address: 150 jackson street
City:Maitland
State:Florida
Email: Harpoonwhale@yahoo.com

Computerforums.com / computerforums.org / tech-forums.net user name is WIDEWIDEWIDE he also goes by that name at several other forums also.

PLEASE ANY INFO OR ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK PLEASE EMAIL ME AT JUSTINFLORA@HOTMAIL.COM
jvnn
Goober Member

Post by jvnn »

sabastien lager (sibastien liger?)
sibastien3513 on ebay
sebxxx@sympatico.ca (email now dead)
4-62 renelevesque est
quebec, Quebec g1r 2b1
Canada

I sold Him a CPU/mb combo on ebay and didn't hear a word from him after I shipped it.
2 1/2 months later paypal gives me a credit card chargeback (11/22/2005).
A little research turns up two other ebay sellers who got hit at the same time.
I fax paypal what I've got, but after much waiting they tell me since I didn't ship to a
confirmed address and didn't get tracking they won't dispute with the credit card co.
So I learn the $275 lesson.
beguile
Goober Member

Post by beguile »

Link http://gametz.com/?any=twentymeese&A=Users

name: kleinman, matthew r
email: mrk13@email.arizona.edu
TwentyMeese@hotmail.com
type: student at arizona

I sold him some games but after some problems occurred, we decided to cancel the trade. I refunded him his payment but he never sent back the games to me. He ignored me for a month and gave me the run around. Instead of returning my games back to me, he claimed he lost the games.