*** Traders to Avoid *** Updated 8/04/08

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
97minitaco
Goober Member

Eric Rebers is backkk.....

Post by 97minitaco »

He got me too. Goes under the name CELLTECHNIK on Ebay. He had 20 auctions going when i won my PDA. Now all have been closed and he is selling nothing. He's trying to pull the plug and run. What can I do? I need a phone number..
jvnn
Goober Member

Post by jvnn »

2 questions:
I sold something on ebay a while back to a user whose ebay id says he is in Venezuela, but he had me ship to an intermediary in Florida. The sale went fine. A while later, he pm'd me asking what else I had for sale, we negotiated back and forth for a while. Then he hit me with wanting to pay by bank transfer and my alarms went up. When I told him no way, he ended all communication with me.
1) What do you think the likelihood is that he was trying to rip me off? (the risk was too high for me)
2) Should I try to warn others, or just let it rest?
-J
Carl Uman
Genuine Member

Post by Carl Uman »

If this guy is for sure Eric Rebes you need to leave neg feedback before anyone else buys anything from him. This guy hosed me a few years back. Still owes me!!!

Edit:
Does this a$$ still live in CT? If he has moved closer to IA I'll pay him a visit myself.

BTW dang nice sig you got there Tony.
Heatware

Email at CarlU@_removethisfirst_farmtel.net
hobart66
Goober Member

Lets add another one- JT EXPORTS - RADMAI

Post by hobart66 »

Cross
Goober Member

Scammer seen for now on Craigs List, anyone else deal with him?

Post by Cross »

Ok guys I met this person locally and he is a scammer.

I was helping my father replace his desktop system because he wanted something newer. The system I got him was found on Craigs List locally (I am enclosing the link as well). The guy brought it to my house (After 2 hours of waiting) and said I assure you it works and will handle it if not no problem. Since I only have laptops I could not test it but being local I felt sure no problem. Boy was I wrong to trust yet again!

The system does not even post nothing. He says its my fault and I should buy parts for it. He does not care so I think its time to make sure no one gets had by this troll:

This is some info. I know at different forums some is not aloud so tell me what to remove and I will do so.

sayst@email.arizona.edu

Name: Seo Sang
Cell Phone: 2 seven 0 - 1 two 3 four
He drives a Black Acura Integra newer model.

I believe his email is a University of Arizona email so I am working on alerting the campus police as well.

This was his listing: (If he removes it I downloaded it for ref.)

http://tucson.craigslist.org/sys/133465587.html

Again the systems are crap, and as I said in his emails he tells me to buy more parts and just make it work. Thats not why I got this system, I got it for a working system for my father.

So here we go with him. *Sigh*
b1lk1
Goober Member

Post by b1lk1 »

You should add another big warning about Justin Daves (lestat of HarwareAsylum). He just finished burning another dozen or so people. I am sure you already know this, but because I had visited your site before, I managed to spread the word about him before he could pull the plug and vanish.

You guys should all be commended for the EXCELLENT work you do to chase these creeps down. I am an Ebay seller and have had my fair share of bad buyers/sellers too. Lost some money but learned some lessons. Keep up the great work!
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

Justin Daves just popped up here not a couple of days ago. It's horrible how these repeat offenders can get away with just a slap on the hand.
b1lk1
Goober Member

Post by b1lk1 »

Small update for you, this is almost funny if it wasn't for the people he screwed over this time:

http://www.hardwareasylum.com/forums/sh ... php?t=1538

How's that for a lame apology.
Sledgehammer70
Goober Member

I might have a problem!

Post by Sledgehammer70 »

Resolved~
Thanks

Sledgehammer70
http://www.bfmetournaments.com
Bad Daddy
Goober Member

Bad Trader

Post by Bad Daddy »

You can add another guy to the list:

Steffan Perry / Mall57

mall57.com
Registrant:

debra perry
12952 Royal George Ave
Odessa, Florida 33556
(602) 926-1298

Mall57
sales@mall57.com
04/07/2006
Name: Steffan Perry

He also goes by the name of Arcadie at PbNation.com

I bought a Western Digital 200GB IDE HDD from Steffan Perry at Mall57.com that arrived DOA. He refused refund stating that it was sold "as-is" even though on his site at Mall57.com, they claim "We cover all products damaged or lost durring shipping." He has also sold at least 14 other dead drives to other people. Check out his Heatware.

After digging around some more I found this:

http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/view ... vertTo=USD

There's a difference between selling "untested system pulls and upgrades" to selling nonfunctioning "salvage".

Now this scumbag is selling knock-off designer clothes here: http://www.luxattire.com/

He also goes by the name of Luxattire on eBay.

UPDATE! 7/14/06

He has a new address:

Steffan Perry
7 Lindale St.
Bridgeport, Wv 26330

UPDATE 9/04/06

He is now skulking around using the nick of Avadyne and doing business as Avadyne.net and WirelessRave.com
martian8554
Goober Member

Post by martian8554 »

Massie, Sean aka massie2121 on forums and francis2121 & brad22222222 on ebay. From 420 S. 13th St, Bowling Green or Louisiana, Mo. Took another for $700 for a laptop and never delivered. brad@missvalley.com

He has changed his ebay name several times since as follows
dadwith5kids Apr-04-06 Present

lovejesusalmighty Oct-01-05 Apr-04-06

bradley4dad Dec-18-03 Oct-01-05

lovejesusalmighty Jun-21-03 Dec-18-03

The above is an existing post this guys at it again he purchashed a broken sony laptop from me and days after shipping starts sending nasty e-mail and calling the house as to where it was at. it shipped through paypay electronic postal and went to the po the next day the following week the usps gave me a printout of the exact tendering and mailing time showing it was shipped through main post office during their night shift i was also informed that scannjing does not always take place he contacted paypal and tried to recoup money he than came to south bend ans as i was not at the hearing took me for 1200,00 in lies and telling judge it was forged paperwork. Do to his actions the case is going to have to be reheard and all my docs have been certified so he wont have a leg to stand on . any one with any other info or where else he may be operating please let me know also any inf on who he ripped off pleasse let me know thanks marty
akinsey
Goober Member

Post by akinsey »

Originally posted by GuardianAsher
Justin Daves just popped up here not a couple of days ago. It's horrible how these repeat offenders can get away with just a slap on the hand.

I totally agree with ^. People who are still getting suckered by Sean Massie, I feel your pain!

I say, use Paypal or escrow on large items, and if Paypal will not dispute for you, do it yourself--call your cc company and dispute the charges/chargebacks yourself. It's not worth keeping the paypal account--just get another one. That's what I did in my horrible exchange with Sean Massie (love how he uses 'jesus' in his nicks, you'd think that meant something?). GL people & thanks PCA trollhunters.
:rockon:
Fresh Daemon
Goober Member

TweekGTO2 / Ian LaFirst

Post by Fresh Daemon »

I would like to bring Ian LaFirst aka TweekGTO2 to everyone's attention. He was unsuccessful in his attempt to troll me, happily, but I want to warn as many people as possible about him. He is a trader on RedFlagDeals (Canadian trading forums).

This thread documents the incident and there are a lot of other traders on that forum who have bad reports about him, evidently I am not the only one to run afoul of his practices.

Take my advice and avoid this trader. Thanks!
Big Lar
Goober Member

Post by Big Lar »

I would like to point to the link below,
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview ... erthread=y

PrOphetX aka Gary Overstreet has Scam'd me on some ram, sent other than what was promised, and has Scam'd Numerous other people at Anand, as well as at Hard Forum, MP3cars.com, and a few folks from Overseas, from amounts starting at $150.00 to $1700.00!

Please be very carefull of trading with this person, he Had 35 Positive evals at Heat when I dealt with him, he now has Several Negatives, and evidently thinks nothing of robbing you blind.
His Local PD has been contacted, and Paypal claims filed, but so far to no avail.

Stay Safe!

Larry
Whats with all the Smoke??
FREMONTCYCLE
Goober Member

Re: massie2121 (troll alert)

Post by FREMONTCYCLE »

Originally posted by akinsey
Want to list Sean Massie as a troll. Sent significant payment ($700 for a laptop) over 2+ weeks ago and have had NO response from him since he confirmed receipt of payment on 5/27/03.

Sean Massie
306 Tella Jane LN
Apt 113
Louisiana, MO 63353-2738
or Bowling Green, MO
phone number given: 573-754-5089 (not in service)
other phone number: (573) 324-3345 (NAPA auto parts! they don't know him there, either)

massie2121 on techimo
francis2121 on ebay (his ebay page has a nice Jesus Loves You quote)

Here's a link to his posts over on Techimo:
http://www.techimo.com/forum/search.php ... descending

Contested the charge with my credit card company this morning.

Make that two for this JERK. He gave me negative feedback from a monitor i purchased from him. I paid for it, got it, and it didnt work. Here is the auction number on ebay: 6874794099
Says "tested working" but didnt work. I asked for an exchange (NOT A REFUND) and he declined. PAYPAL screwed me saying the seller was not out of bounds... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!?