Spam Filter blocking links

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
Err
Life Member

Spam Filter blocking links

Post by Err »

I tried to post links to items on newegg today and the Spam filter came up. One I removed the links, it went away.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Email me the links if you still have them. I can file a support ticket. Last time they offered to setup exceptions if we had issues.

Try using a URL shortener service like bit.ly.

I use a shortener service that has a Firefox plugin. If I right click on the URL it makes a shortened URL and puts it in th clipboard.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Email me the links if you still have them. I can file a support ticket. Last time they offered to setup exceptions if we had issues.

Try using a URL shortener service like bit.ly.

I use a shortener service that has a Firefox plugin. If I right click on the URL it makes a shortened URL and puts it in th clipboard.
I no loner have the links but I'll try the shortener.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I use the URL Shrink Easy add-on for Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... rink-easy/

Newegg links shouldn't be blocked - I posts Newegg links all the time - BUT it's possible you went to a NewEgg page via an affiliate link that had some Spammy text in the URL.

I also noticed that yesterday morning the Forbidden error page was coming up when just reading trying to open a sub-forum. I at first suspected a spammy link has somehow been posted without tripping the filter, and then the filter was blocking it from being viewed, but it eventually fixed itself, so it must have been some kind of error on the server.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Thanks