Color scheme black issue

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
psypher
Golden Member

Color scheme black issue

Post by psypher »

Several of the icons/buttons (ie. Bold) are just black so can't see them.

[SIZE="1"]When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.[/size]
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm afraid to poke around with the color settings in the admin page because it's rather daunting, but I did manage to get the Quake Black style to work pretty well a while back. It's a modified version of the black style and it's what I use. Also mostly black, but that particular window you screen shotted, and some others, are white background for better visibility. It still has some minor issues in some places, but it's the one that works best for me. I like a dark background.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I have been using the Quake them since Blade made it for me a long time ago.. It's high contrast and easy to read. :)
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

ok, I switched it. It does take care of the editor. I'll just have to get used to the yellow text :)
[SIZE="1"]When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.[/size]
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:ok, I switched it. It does take care of the editor. I'll just have to get used to the yellow text :)
Been using the Quake/Black with yellow text since I arrived here.
Looks fine to me. I've become accustomed to it.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I could try to clone the Quake Black skin and change it to white text. I'll have to dig into those settings again. There's also a Black Head theme for vBulletin 3 here if I can figure out how to install it:

http://www.themesbase.com/vBulletin-Ski ... -Head.html
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I uploaded the "Blackhead" theme. Interesting looking dark theme. I like that it seems to restrict the width of the page which might be useful for mobile.

Give it a try and let me know if there's anything broken in it.

If anyone finds a theme they want to add, let me know. Needs to be a vBulletin 3 theme. There's a bunch here:
http://www.themesbase.com/vBulletin-Skins/?version=3

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hmm, a few things like smilies runn off the right side of the page in Blackhead, but still seems functional. I'll see if I can find another dark theme.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm growing to like the Blackhead theme. I fixed the icon that signifies new posts - I made it bright white. Originally it was gray and easily missed.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

I searched around and found some really cool ones, but most required a newer version of vBulletin. I'll try out Blackhead.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I'm growing to like the Blackhead theme. I fixed the icon that signifies new posts - I made it bright white. Originally it was gray and easily missed.
Just now i clicked new post and it came up with none even though the icons indicated new post and there are in fact new post.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The icon that indicates that there's new messages in a forum while in the forum list looks like a sheet of paper - lighter color means new messages. I was thinking of making it a bit brighter but they're quite easy to tell apart:

The one I did modify was the new post indicator when looking at the post list in a forum. It's the white down arrow:

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I normaly click on the new post link when I visit but now its saying "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. " when I click it even tho in thread view I can see that there are new post.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]