No New Posts anymore?

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

For those that new posts link is not working, is this the url that it's sending you to?

https://pcabusers.org/forums/search.php?searchid=64644

NM, looks like that id various for each user. Its probably the last postid you read the last time you were on.
[SIZE="1"]When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.[/size]
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:For those that new posts link is not working, is this the url that it's sending you to?

https://pcabusers.org/forums/search.php?searchid=64644
Close. https://pcabusers.org/forums/search.php?searchid=64618
------------------------------------------

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Now from home it worked.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

no, not getting the log-in pls, just no new posts
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

It worked again from my home PC.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm seeing a pattern where it works from home and not from the office.
Odd

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Some kind of script blocking at the office?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

No. I haven't changed anything in our systems or infrastructure.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Yeah here at my home computer it seems to be working properly but on my laptop it's hit or miss. And to my knowledge nothing has changed on the laptop.
wangc77
Goober Member

Post by wangc77 »

We must try harder :)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Shot in the dark: Clear all your PCA cookies, which will force you to login with your password next time, and that will create a new login cookie. vBulletin uses cookies for everything and they sometimes get messed up.

Haven't had a chance to research this on vbulletin forums.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ok. Read up on this. I have to check to make see which setting we're using. Normally it's a cookie that keeps track of this, but there is an alternate setting. I'll look at that later,

Another thing is that when you guys check the New Posts page, the URL should be different each time. If it stays the same then something may be caching the page. Sometimes forcing a refresh might bring up the new page.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ok, I checked the admin settings and we ARE using cookies to keep track of new posts. That's the default and what we've always used. There's an option to use a database instead of cookies, but it's "processor intensive". Not sure what that means on modern hardware. My inclination is if the cookie method used to work, why change?

I don't think this is an HTTPS issue because you all only just started noticing it in the last few weeks.

About the only thing that coincides with that is the new skin I added, but I can't see how the heck that could affect anything UNLESS all of you have have this problem ALL are using the new Blackhead theme? Let me know.

I have seen an issue (more so recently, but it's been doing it a long time) where I'll reply to a post but my reply doesn't appear until I refresh. That also sounds like a caching issue, but I can't see how.

I will fly this past tech support. Maybe they're doing some kind of wacky caching.

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I actually got a "new post" notifier yesterday, but then it stopped, also stopped today. I do get a "https - not secure" parts of this page are not secure - such as images - in FF. Feature doesn't work in chrome either.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

It works for me in both Chrome and FF. Maybe you guys should quit using Edge Browser. :lol