Heads up. We might be upgrading the BBS in the coming week

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Heads up. We might be upgrading the BBS in the coming week

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Losbot (thanks Los!) is helping me out with an update of the BBS software that will be required because the version we're using now is using a version of PHP that is going to stop being supported.

It's also the opinion of our hosting company that this upgrade may also fix the board's sluggish response sometimes.

I will be backing up the BBS prior to this, and the host also says they can roll back the BBS if something goes wrong, but you might want to check in at the backup BBS in case it all goes to hell:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/pcabusersfr/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Heads up. We might be upgrading the BBS in the coming week

Post by Losbot »

Most likely happening tomorrow (Thursday) evening if nothing major comes up.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Heads up. We might be upgrading the BBS in the coming week

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Okay, BBS is back up and it SEEMS to be working. However, the old styles (themes) don't work so no matter what style you've actually chosen, you may be on the ugly default prosilver (blue on white) style.

I'm going to try to install updated versions of all the styles we used to use. I'll let you all know here when they're up, and which ones they are.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "