If you see the BBS slow to respond, post here with an exact time and date, and your geographic location

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

If you see the BBS slow to respond, post here with an exact time and date, and your geographic location

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The host says the only time we should see the board slow to respond is late at night when the server runs backups, but I'm seeing some slow responses today. I'd like to send them a specific list of time and dates when this happens, so if you can, take a moment to post it here. Time, date, and where you are. Maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

Thx.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: If you see the BBS slow to respond, post here with an exact time and date, and your geographic location

Post by Losbot »

I was thinking about this the other day, as I noticed some slowness/laggy performance at times.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: If you see the BBS slow to respond, post here with an exact time and date, and your geographic location

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Got a reply from Brent, who is the chief honcho over there and always gives me a straight answer:
Bob,
Bear with us on this server. We have noticed some generally high IO wait in the past 1-2 weeks. We are investigating causes, but given the age of the SSDs in this server I'm inclined to say they are pre-fail (don't worry, data is in RAID 1), and will likely arrange some downtime for disk-by-disk replacement, RAID rebuild, rinse and repeat.

Sincerely,
--
Brent Presley, M.D., Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Business Officer
Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Sounds pretty honest.
------------------------------------------