Trader Ratings

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
blade

Post by blade »

Till we get someone who knows how to make a good script for a trader ratings site this will do. We can call it "Trader Ratings" or?

And this might just stay here anyway. What I think is after one get's say 50-75 good evals with no negatives then they go on the "No Problem Trader List", "The Elite", "Gold Trader List" or any other suggestions for that name?

Once on that list no further evals are needed. But if one of the "gold traders" does deserve a negative eval then that will be reflected by maybe a points system and also a place explaining what happened. Any ideas for that?

Any other ideas are appreciated. Please list the ones who deserve to be on the "elite" list, and keep in mind this is still evolving so what we all decide will be done.
Syn
Golden Member

Post by Syn »

Though thats a good idea I think it could get a bit complicated.I would suggest staying away from a stature system based on the amount of evals a person has and let the evals speak for themselves so that someone could draw their own conclusion about a trader.

Take me for example,I have 52 evals and have been dealing with the "old" *** community since 6-01-99.I'm owed probly close to 3x the amount I have(i deal with so many folks its hard to keep up with who owes me evals,vice versa).Does that bother me?No because I have plenty of folks that would vouche for my honesty.But to a new member of our FS/FT forum I might look like less of a trader compared to somebody that has 300 evals just because I dont have "elite trader" next to my name.But this is just my opinion if the majority wanted a stature system I would support it because I love you all so much :) .

But if this happens I will gladly volunteer to help transfer over the evals of the traders here at PCA if thats what you guys wanted to do(would suck starting your rep from scratch).If you could collect the names of the traders here we could copy their existing evals over to the new database or something.
<a href=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=1000>HeatWare</a>
blade

Post by blade »

I don't mean starting from scratch. Still using the amount we have at heatware as a base. I know, it seems like a hassle but just getting ideas now so it will certainly evolve. But I do want one for sure in whatever capacity.

And an active crew to make the tough decisions and not just one person.
Syn
Golden Member

Post by Syn »

Yeah our own database is a good idea.I just think the stature system(golden,elite etc..)isnt.

We ought to have at least one script monkey here at PCA that would volunteer to help out with this effort.
<a href=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=1000>HeatWare</a>
Insane Morphius

Post by Insane Morphius »

We had this discussion awhile ago at AGN and SYSOPT as I recall. The most voted for idea, was to have a group such as PCA Traders Group (PCATG). The main idea was that there was stregnth in numbers, and could trade from within the group as well as outside. They also suggested to make a slush fund via dues, be it one time, quarterly or whatever. This slush fund was to ist members of the group whom had been verified as being ripped, sorta an insurance thing I guess. Members of the Group enjoyed the benifits of using the Groups logo in their signature. Anyhow, you get the .

Morphius