do you even shop at sears ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

do you even shop at sears ?

Post by reno »

we use to shop at sears for craftsman hand tools and if we needed appliances .well at least to price shop appliances I did . not any more do i'm afraid if i need a repair of a appliance were I get parts or service from . I'm aware kenmore appliances were mostly retagged for years .but also know I could fine replacement parts if needed. not bought much of anything in sears for over 5 years now .last thing we bought there was a small table top microwave that we already have replaced when we first bought are condo here in florida . (wasn't bad we just got a new unit for free to do a review on . let that unit from sears find a new home ) .when i was younger we go to sears and i'd buy a car battery (Diehard ) for my car not these day do .
last five years or longer you walk into sears in michigan or florida it was like walking into a ghost town no help or people in the parking lots or stores if you did find sales help they be in other parts of the store and walk over if they seen you at a register it seem like . very short staff to me from what I remember of sears stores . even walmart's would have more people working the registers. :(
i'm surprised they have stayed around as long as they have after they joined up with Kmart .in fact was surprised of that merger in the first place .
psypher
Golden Member

Re: do you even shop at sears ?

Post by psypher »

Sears lost its relevancy many many years ago for me. It's not like a store that is conveniently close. If I need tools, why the hell would I drive all the way to a Sears, when I have at least 3 Home Depots, 2 Lowe's closer and 2-3 ACE hardware? If I bought clothes there, then again, there's any number of Walmarts, Targets, Kohls, Old Navy, GAP, etc... that are closer. Appliances? Same thing, Home Depot, Lowe's, BestBuy all closer. How anyone is stupid enough to lend them any more money is beyond me.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I used to buy small apliances there. Out in the boonies there were few choices. I've got a dehumidifier in the basement that is pushing 10 years. But they were downhill for years - no stock, no staff. The guy who is going to "rescue them" this time is the same guy who wrecked it in the first place. We have a real old fashined hardware store here, and I get most of my stuff there. Lowes, etc. is a 2hr round trip. Last appliance I bought a lowes was a chest freezer that lasted about 3 years. Replaced it with one from the local mom and pop appliance store which at least sells decent stuff and provides service. Of course, the new chest freezer sits next to the old upright freezer I got at an auction 7 years ago for $10 and is probably from the 50s.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

We just bought a fridge from Sears last year. They have a small outlet type store where I live. I still have my old tools that I bought from Sears back in the 70's and 80's before they became crap tools.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

They have over the last 10 years eliminated every sears from my area. I now have to drive 30+ minutes to get to the closest one. It's sad because I did like Craftsman and their support. All of my appliances were bought from Sears and I still have them (washer & dryer are going on 15 years).