Linus does a pretty good comparison of dash cams from Amazon, and why most suck

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Linus does a pretty good comparison of dash cams from Amazon, and why most suck

Post by FlyingPenguin »

He explains why most of these cams suck.

My old one I got on sale a few years ago still works, amazingly, but the case is a little deformed from the sun, and quality is so-so.

Looking for a backup. I like the one with the super capacitor instead of a battery that he thought was decent. I'd go for his budget recommendation, but it doesn't have a screen.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Linus does a pretty good comparison of dash cams from Amazon, and why most suck

Post by Losbot »

I've had a Viofo for years. Finally started crapping out after like 5yrs of South FL sun. It started overheating after some 20 mins of driving. Still an amazing little dashcam.
I've been wanting to get one for the wife. I guess I'll get two of the Viofo. The idea of ditching Li batteries is great but I wasn't impressed with the quality of the video compared to his 2 picks.
------------------------------------------