How can I make this shortcut

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
glassoftea

How can I make this shortcut

Post by glassoftea »

This one is stumping me even though it is so easy.

I want to create a shortcut to a drive on my desktop but I want the window to open in an explorer view, the double pane view you get when you click windows explorer vice my computer. I did this about three windows installations ago but don't know how the heck I did it as I can't make it work now.

glass
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You need to add some command lines. Examples:

Explorer /e,/select,c:\
This opens a two-pane Explorer view with none of the drives expanded. This is handy if you have multiple drives and use them all frequently.

Explorer /e,d:\
This opens a two-pane Explorer window that initially displays the contents of drive D:.

Explorer /e,/root,d:\data
This switch combination opens a two-pane window that initially displays the contents of the data folder on drive D:, and from which the user cannot navigate anywhere other than in or below that folder.

Explorer /e,/root,d:\,d:\data
This opens a two-pane window that initially displays the contents of the data folder on drive D:, and from which the user cannot navigate anywhere other than drive D:
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

glassoftea

Post by glassoftea »

Thanks FP,

That did it.