old posts, old news, search, etc..

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
WiseÄss

old posts, old news, search, etc..

Post by WiseÄss »

So what's the proper Nettiquette for this situation. I've seen this come up several times on other forums as well.

A) noob comes and posts a funny link, people rag on them for posting old news

B) noob comes and actually searches, finds funny link, replies that they thought it was funny, then gets ragged for bringing threads back from the dead.

lol

you can't win :)
I don't feel I have to explain my art to you Warren<p>

<a href="http://hahaimusingtheinter.net" target="_blank">Are you using the internet? I am!</a>
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

Thats why it sucks to be a n00b ;)
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US OMG LOL!!!!!!!!11 ;)
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Bahahaha kinda off topic, o well

Post by Karchiveur »

Originally posted by tunis5000
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US OMG LOL!!!!!!!!11 ;)

Haha i was just in game of broodwars and this guy joins with a spoofed name and spoofed font and said that! i was like.. "^^;; get da F*&# out! 1337 my ass..OMG lingRush!!!!11"

haha he msgs me later and starts bitching.. ohh i'm gonna steal your cd key.. you now have a virus! and a bunch of BS.. lmao!

I think that term is from Paintball? or catpure the flag.. cause I remember hearing it @ a lan I went to, me Demrok were disscussing it, couldn't really figure out what it was from?!?

(BTW, I jacked up the username "TeamGod" so that might of had something to do with it) ;) TeamGod
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Re: Bahahaha kinda off topic, o well

Post by DoPeY5007 »

Originally posted by Karchiveur

I think that term is from Paintball? or catpure the flag.[/URL]
this term ?

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

it is from a video game. when it was translated into english that is what it said ;)

Link
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

How about just a little common courtesy. If it has been posted before anyone who saw it knows that it has already been posted so why make the person feel bad for posting it again. If you really must point out that it is a repost I think you should do so with some courtesy instead of in an insulting or an "I'm better than you because I know it has been posted already" type of way. Just my Image
darcy

Re: old posts, old news, search, etc..

Post by darcy »

Originally posted by WiseÄss
So what's the proper Nettiquette for this situation. I've seen this come up several times on other forums as well.

A) noob comes and posts a funny link, people rag on them for posting old news

B) noob comes and actually searches, finds funny link, replies that they thought it was funny, then gets ragged for bringing threads back from the dead.

lol

you can't win :)

lookin' like, WiseÄss. :)

i reckon le noob can either stop postin' or roll w/da punches. ;)

bw, appreciate ur .02, dad2. tuvm. :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
NascarFool

Post by NascarFool »

Originally posted by dadx2mj
How about just a little common courtesy. If it has been posted before anyone who saw it knows that it has already been posted so why make the person feel bad for posting it again. If you really must point out that it is a repost I think you should do so with some courtesy instead of in an insulting or an "I'm better than you because I know it has been posted already" type of way. Just my Image

Well excuse the "f" out of me. :mad So long PCA.
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

Originally posted by NascarFool
Well excuse the "f" out of me. :mad So long PCA.
WTF someone asked a question I offered my opinion and made it clear it was only my opinion and now you say so long?
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

are you really that blind dad(sorry but no pun is intended as i'm not that low of a life form). most who reply with repost make some sort of joke out of it... but i guess joking around is a crime these days... god forbid anyone has any fun with a repost... this bs around here is getting really old... what ever happened to the days of joking around and having fun and not take a damn thing anyone says seriously?
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

Originally posted by dadx2mj

good way to put it. There is nothing wrong with a bit of a memory refresh anyway :)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nothing wrong with having fun and friendly joking. But nothing scares away new people like ragging on them in a nasty way.

Yes, if it's a PCA regular then we have our fun yelling "REPOST!" and no one has any hurt feelings because it's all in fun, but let's all just realize that someone new to the forum might have their feelings hurt.

On Red-Eye LAN forums we mercilessly flame a reposter BUT it's a private LAN, and we all know each other. Red Eye's rather brutal on insults, but it's all in fun. Took me a while to get used it though.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

TheSovereign

Re: Re: Bahahaha kinda off topic, o well

Post by TheSovereign »

Originally posted by DoPeY5007
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
it is from a video game. when it was translated into english that is what it said ;)
Link [/B]

ALL HAIL ZEROWING!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8#t=0m58s">YodelRoll!</a>
<a href="http://www.halfinchbullet.com/">Goto HalfInchBullet.com!</a>
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

theres being some edited posts? This doesn't look the same!?! hm....
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

who's been ragging on who in a nasty way?

http://www.pcabusers.com/forums/showthr ... adid=35735

don't look like anyone was being nasty in this thread?