Dell to Buy High-End PC Maker Alienware

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

Dell to Buy High-End PC Maker Alienware

Post by renovation »

"We believe that Alienware will realize significant advantages from Dell's world-class supply chain and operational efficiencies," Gonzalez said in a statement. "They will allow us to continue to satisfy our core customers with the most innovative and highest-performing PCs, and ultimately extend the reach and appeal of the Alienware brand."
full story link
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

alienware pc's now with intel celeron processors.

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9490"><font color=red>My Heatware<font/></a> <font color=white><font size="2"> :cool

:hic :rockon:
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

anyone got 10 grand to spend on a Dell gaming PC?

http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/re ... l=en&s=dhs
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

wow.. And I thought one day I might actally want to pony up the dough for an Alienware Lappy... no more...

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I know the owners of Alienware (I play with them at a LAN in Miami) and a friend of mine is good friends with them. AW will continue to exist as it is - no changes. They each get a tidy sum of money and get paid to continue running the company for the next several years.

Dell is not stupid enough to make any major changes to AW. Dell wants a foothold in the gamer's market and it's been hard for them to do that because #1) people don't take Dell XPS gaming systems seriously (although they're fine systems) and #2) Dell - due to legal commitments with Intel - can't or won't sell AMD systems (and most gamers prefer AMD) so the purchase of AW gives them a legal way to circumvent that.

AW is WAYYY too valuable as a brand name. Dell just wants to be associated with AMD systems and gaming systems, and wants to borrow know-how from AW to improve their own XPS gaming systems, and diversify themselves.

I think it's a good deal all around. AW was probably getting too large to be run efficiently as the small business it started out as. Dell will provide some much needed management know-how.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

rndmtask

Post by rndmtask »

If they can take that Dell quad GPU system and put it in an AW with an AMD processor that would be a tempting system.... if I had 10k to blow on a computer.