When Robot Programmers get bored

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

When Robot Programmers get bored

Post by FlyingPenguin »

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yln_IGDuOCo&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yln_IGDuOCo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Justlookin

Post by Justlookin »

I had a robot like that once, but it used to smash my head on the floor and on the walls.
Oh...wait a minute...I got mixed up on that....that was my Ex wife that did that to me.
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

That is an actual ride at some theme parks

Legoland has I think 6 of them
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"
FanTum
Golden Member

Post by FanTum »

Hah, thats kool!
"This is my Kung Fu, and it is strong!"
renovation

Post by renovation »

i think i 'd up chuck ~
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

renovation wrote:i think i 'd up chuck ~
Yeah, I would show everyone what I ate for sure.
[email="chevelle.h@gmail.com"][color="red"]MAIL[/color][/email]
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

the one your thinking of is a Kuka KR500/1 TUV. Really, any grappler robot that has a capacity of 500 pounds or more can do this. But its not fun unless its a 6 axis and has at least a 10' envelope.

I have 2 welding robots, but they dont have any load rating due to the fact all they need to ever hold is a welding torch. I should make them do something stupuid and put it on you tube.

I heard Kuko had one of the robocoster cells set up last year at IMTS. Never made it around to that part of the show to see. last few years the robot manfacutres seem to be making consumer interactive robotic cells. I know that MOTOMAN has a bar tending cell that makes all kinds of drinks. Just stock the drinks and cups... put it near a 220 outlet and let it go make drinks.

:edit:

Forgot to say, if you look hard enuff you can buy robots like that cheap. once they get sloppy and repeatabillity goes down they hold little value, but for doing crap like that they are great as long as you remember not to program close calls with other objects.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]