do you belong to a warehouse club

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

do you belong to a warehouse club

Post by renovation »

we have thought about it. but don't feel we buy enough to off set the extra drive and membership fee.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I used to, but the fee kept going up & the savings going down. It's only worth it if you buy TONS of stuff or really expensive stuff. Otherwise, shop the sales & you'll do better than the clubs.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Costco here
NubyCanuby_OFC

Post by NubyCanuby_OFC »

Executioner wrote:Costco here
+1
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Costco and Sams. Costco is better but it's a 1 hour drive. They're building a new Sams 2 miles from here.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

MegaVectra

Post by MegaVectra »

Sam's
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

There is a new sam's right near me. What do you save money on when you buy there? Since my GF's and my kids are all grown, we don't use much of anything very fast, so buying bulk of anything except paper towels is not worth the space for us...

Dunno if I would save enough in a year to justify the fee. It is right next to a new Lowe's, which I visit once a week lately :cool :
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

We have Sam's. It's okay. We go about two to four times a year.
MegaVectra

Post by MegaVectra »

Movies (DVD) are always cheaper at Walmart. I usually buy spindles of DVDRs and CDRs, frozen foods, some electronics. I bought my plasma TV from Sam's. They usually have unique items around Christmas and other holidays.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You have to be careful at any wholesaler. If you don't need to buy in bulk then you may not be interested. I would recommend you ask them at the door to let you look around first before getting a membership.

You usually get good deals on electronics, tools, Xmas gift baskets, camping gear, inkjet carts & toner (HP inkjet carts are usually 2 for the price of 1 at Costco), jewelry, healthacare products. Food can be hit and miss. Wine is usually a bargain for instance and so is frozen food.

You have to realize that some things at wholesalers are NOT a bargain. They figure that if they have you at the store saving money on a few things, you might decide to do all your shopping there and get it over with. You really have to look at the prices - particularly food and see if it's a bargain or not.

The real deals are usually right up front. Costco generally has good prices on LCD and Plasma TVs because they usually sell models that are about to be discontinued for a very good price. They also have a very lenient return policy.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I only have a Sam's card because it's free lol I get it through my mom's work. And because I'm a business member I get to take advantage of the earlier hours when other people aren't there. ;)

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Sam's Club for me. I have heard Costco was better, but they aren't exactly close, never actually set foot in one. The only time I saw the inside of one was on the movie Employee of the Month :p

It really depends on what you shop for. I got the membership fees back in honey alone...

Sam's sells video games for a somewhat better price, and has controllers in bundle packs for savings. The good things are meats as well. Chicken for example, is cheaper there than anyone else. You can also get various other products, including large containers of sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, you name it.

Some things are not so great of a deal, others are. I would like to see what a Costco is like, but since it is almost 9 miles away, doesn't make for quick trips.
When all else fails, replace the user.
darcy

Post by darcy »

costco ~ 'bout 15 mins away :) ; we go 'bout once a month or so.
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

ZYFER wrote:Sam's Club for me. I have heard Costco was better, but they aren't exactly close, never actually set foot in one. The only time I saw the inside of one was on the movie Employee of the Month :p

It really depends on what you shop for. I got the membership fees back in honey alone...

Sam's sells video games for a somewhat better price, and has controllers in bundle packs for savings. The good things are meats as well. Chicken for example, is cheaper there than anyone else. You can also get various other products, including large containers of sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, you name it.

Some things are not so great of a deal, others are. I would like to see what a Costco is like, but since it is almost 9 miles away, doesn't make for quick trips.
Only 9 miles? lol That's a ten minute drive, how is that not quick? :P

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

That is 9 miles assuming there was one direct road from my location to Costco... Factoring in having to go "around" buildings and traffic, it is 30-45 minutes easy. Sam's Club is about 5 minutes.
When all else fails, replace the user.