Anyone using ATT for internet and tv?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
blade_146
Golden Member

Anyone using ATT for internet and tv?

Post by blade_146 »

Im sick and tired of my slow ass cable connection and Im thinking about goin back to dsl. Just wondering if anyone here bundles their services with ATT. Im thinking about dropping cable all together and going with the dsl and direct tv bundle. Any comments on pricing and what not. They told me I could get direct and 6m dsl for $72 a month which is faster and cheaper than what I have now. Any comments, complaints or suggestions before I switch?
<b><a href=mailto:k_otic1@bellsouth.net>EMAIL</a></b>
<b><a href=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=2322>Heatware Evals</a></b>

Core I7 920 @ 4.0GHZ| Asus P6T Deluxe V2 |2x WD 640gb RAID 0--2x WD 1TB| Philips 20x SATA DVD | 12 gigs Corsair XMS | SB Audigy2 Fatality | GeForce GTX 260 Core Edition | Thermaltake 700w PSU |Antec 900 Case | 6mb DSL |
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

Well, I can't comment on their TV, but I can say that... I've had AT&T Yahoo! DSL service from when it was still SBC Yahoo! internet service, and I think the only downtime I have ever had lasted... two hours, and was because lightning struck a pole and knocked it out over most of the town. But they came out and fixed it, and low and behold, internet was back. Other than, I've never had problems with them.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I had Direct & maybe it was because I got the cheap package, but I could totally see the pixelation on the TV (this was just a standard definition TV too). I also lost signal enought to annoy me. Maybe my installer was just an idiot, but I cancelled within a month. As for the DSL, most of my friends seem to like it. I may be switching soon myself.
Badmojo

Post by Badmojo »

You must of had ur dish misaligned im in chicago and only in the heaviest of storms is enough to mess the signal other wise its pretty good, G4 and a few other channel have less bandwidth so lots of images and fast movement will pixelate, cant vouche for thier HD I use the OTA in my reciever for that.

If you add any old equipment like thier tivos always tell them family gave you the equipment and even most times can save the $20 for a access card.
If ifs and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas ]Sealab2021[

Do you have any proof that you saved the universe?... Were all still here arent we!

Random Fact:
Mac's were made by pirates they only needed one button on the mouse to use with thier hooks.
ImageImageImage
blade_146
Golden Member

Post by blade_146 »

Ive had their dsl service before so I know how good they are with up time the only that worried me was getting the bundle with Direct. I hate being told its gonna be one price then you get your bill and its higher. Thing is I still have all my old receivers when I has direct before. Wonder if they would let me reuse them or would I have to get whatever they are offering now. They said there was no charge for equipment and that I could get the same price for all the tv's in the house however I remember when I had direct before there was a charge for additional receivers. Do they not that with this bundle or do you guys know?
<b><a href=mailto:k_otic1@bellsouth.net>EMAIL</a></b>
<b><a href=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=2322>Heatware Evals</a></b>

Core I7 920 @ 4.0GHZ| Asus P6T Deluxe V2 |2x WD 640gb RAID 0--2x WD 1TB| Philips 20x SATA DVD | 12 gigs Corsair XMS | SB Audigy2 Fatality | GeForce GTX 260 Core Edition | Thermaltake 700w PSU |Antec 900 Case | 6mb DSL |
MAC
Golden Member

Post by MAC »

I have had AT&T DSL since they introduced it in my area and have no complaints. It's plenty fast for me.

As for TV through AT&T, get Direct TV not the Dish Network. I currently have Direct TV and it's pretty good. We very rarely loose the signal. When we had Dish Network from AT&T we'd loose the signal every time it would rain! In addition, Direct TV hid the dish on the back side of my house while Dish stuck two big dishes at the very peak of my roof. The wife hated those ugly things up there.
Badmojo

Post by Badmojo »

All the equipment still works just the HD tivo's are "retired" its $5 per room or $5 (lease)per NEW reciever. The dicks went to a cable style leasing of all equipment made after '07 just tell them you previously had Dtv and you want to add them to the new plan(dvr's are $6 extra and covers all Dtv/tivo DVRs on ur account I got mine all off eBay and told them my uncle game them to me). Most CSR will even let you reuse the old card(unless its an outdated old card which most 2-3yrs old are). As for the all rooms for that price it maybe hidden in the qouted price or since the equipment they bundle has that $5 lease fee instead of a mirroring fee for old owned boxes, I prefer to avoid the new stuff since you have to send it back at some point.

If you go back to Dtv make sure everything is 100% before the guy leaves they are pretty bad about telling the installers the exact stuff you discussed with the guy on the phone, and the installers dont usually report back to Dtv if they leave the job undone, so getting it straightened out after they leave gets tricky.
If ifs and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas ]Sealab2021[

Do you have any proof that you saved the universe?... Were all still here arent we!

Random Fact:
Mac's were made by pirates they only needed one button on the mouse to use with thier hooks.
ImageImageImage