PETA joins protest against World at War's attack dogs

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Via Joystiq:
Following a Massachusetts high school petition protesting the treatment of dogs in Call of Duty: World at War, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is now joining the protest as well. Upon seeing news of the protest, PETA sent publisher Activision Blizzard an invitation to take one of its "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminars for free. The organization has also sent the company a package of Nintendogs for the DS, which it deems "dog-friendly." PETA hopes the puppy sim will help influence Activision's treatment of animals in future games, with the organization's blog noting "perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them."

Is that before or after the Nazi attack dog bites the player's hand off?
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

LOL, those dummies.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I am now tempted to make a mod where its all dogs and cats and attack sharks.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Pugsley wrote:I am now tempted to make a mod where its all dogs and cats and attack sharks.
A mod where you get to fight Nazi Sharks is pure win!
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

lol i have this game i think the total amount of dogs in this game is 4
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8#t=0m58s">YodelRoll!</a>
<a href="http://www.halfinchbullet.com/">Goto HalfInchBullet.com!</a>
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

The real funny part is... wait for it.. IT'S A GAME!!! the dogs arent even real!!!
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Oh for the love of God, WTH is wrong with these people?
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

MegaVectra

Post by MegaVectra »

Hahahahaaahhahhaaa morons.
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Wow... they never complained about this in the Command & Conquer Red Alert games... I have had to kill a lot of dogs...

If this article was posted April 1st, I would have thought someone was making a joke... I can't believe these people are taking a video game seriously... Should send PETA a video of animals attacking people... I hope a zoo breaks out and overruns their headquarters. Go and pet the lions, I dare you.
When all else fails, replace the user.