option's wanted -on family matter

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

option's wanted -on family matter

Post by renovation »

I have a the responsibility of taking care of my home and my mother in laws property to.
here is a short over view of whats going on.
the mother In law has 5 children. 1 son who lives out of state ,1 daughter son in law lives on west side of the state 3 hours away ,one daughters single with 2 semi adult daughters and lives 1 mile away ,another married daughter,son in law who lives a block away . the wife and I who live across the street from her. father in law died last fall .and she is around 70 and spends the winters in Florida for 6 months a year.

the wife and i do a large part of taking care of the homes , in Michigan we cut and trim the yard 100x185 and the wife takes her to most of her DR appointments ,I'm been keep up the garage 2 car and 2 sheds ,weed trimming the yard ,Wifes using the riding mower to cut the grass weekly .

when her son moved down to Florida he left her with a 98 van .i just hauled out to a friends to sell (no problem with me selling it just to give you a better idea were I'm coming from)
now there a old 22 ft cubby cabin boat I'm having to deal with.
the boat has sat in the back yard for years. but i want to get it out of there to clear up the yard .
i talk to the brother in law down the street about it this spring he said the trailers worth $250 alone. and should be put on crigslist i said ok . now i found out the in-laws gave the boat to the son in on the west side of the state .
the boats junk ,the motor who knows .
I'm welling to get it scrap (junked out )i have a friend who owns a junk yard . but I'm getting heat from others as to trashing it.
its a eye sore -it may have good parts on it who knows, its just sitting in the back yard weeds as high as it is ,and i want to clear the yard as its has poison ivy growing in it .

second problem know one has a truck to pull it in the family .even my work truck is 2 wheel drive and wont get it out .so i need a friend help me junk it (wont be a problem )

it seems like I'm starting a rift over this project (old saying I'm rocking the boat) I started talking about this in the spring -now that summers about over and there has been no movement on the boat .

you think I'm wrong to be pushing the subject again and starting a family riff ?
sorry guys if i seemed a bit flustered.but i like to here you ring in on this as i really want others thoughts.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I have a friend in Jax that might be interested in the boat...maybe.

This stuff is always tough.

I think the bottom line here is you're the one doing the heavy lifting, so you get to call the shots. If someone decides that there should be some kind of "meeting or consensus", tell them fine, you'll set up the time and you will also hand out quarterly work schedules for the others and offer to find out how much it will cost to hire someone to replace them if they are too busy to pull their weight.

What I've seen with friends and parents is that it is rare that everyone is satisfied. Usually the people who grumble the most are the ones least willing to do anything.

Bottom line for me would be go with your best judgment, listen to reasonable alternatives that do not involve you doing a bunch of extra work, get it done and move on.

or maybe just get a buddy to tow it to your brother in law's front yard ;)
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

:s aid:
renovation

Post by renovation »

thanks John -the boats in michigan and to me its junk it was a inboard switch years ago to a outboard and they bought the wrong unit for the unit the motor sat to high and wouldn't push this deep v hull. it has also sat for the last 6-10 years it was a nice 4 winns fiberglass at one time.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

I think John hit a homer on that call. If someone wants the boat , tell them to come get it, or start taking care of the yard.

theophilusmousse

Post by theophilusmousse »

it may be worth keeping the peace to have your friend help you haul it across the state to the one who thinks he wants it...... and ask for a donation towards gas money and beer from him for saving him the trouble of doing it himself........

then again he has had all summer to arrange to get it.... i think you are in your rights to let him know he has 2 months to come get it or you are junking it
Run, run, run, as fast as you can...
you can't catch me, I'm the Stinky Cheese Man.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

renovation wrote: it was a inboard switch years ago to a outboard and they bought the wrong unit for the unit the motor sat to high and wouldn't push this deep v hull. it has also sat for the last 6-10 years it was a nice 4 winns fiberglass at one time.

LOL there are enough of those "Uncle Willy" specials (including ones with the wrong stern drive that someone had in their garage) in WV to put together a fleet big enough to invade China.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>