Man faces charge in pillow attack on police officer

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Police officers usually wear bullet-proof vests, but there is no protection for a pillow, especially if it might be covered with enough germs to make it a "biohazardious material."

Erik John Batty, 40, of Edgewater, faces a charge of battery on a law enforcement officer stemming from the thrown pillow.

Edgewater police were called to the Driftwood Mobile Home Park Sunday afternoon by George Batty, 62, who was worried that his son may have taken some pills and was trying to hurt himself.

Officer Myles J. Lawler said he determined Erik Batty had not taken too many pills, but that the man refused treatment for an injury to his forehead that was bleeding.

Using profanity, Erik Batty told Lawler to get out of his room and then threw the pillow, which the officer deflected before it hit him, according to an arrest affidavit. Because the man has several diseases, "I felt the pillow was biohazardious material and could contain hazards," Lawler said in the report.
Mr Erik Batty:

renovation

Post by renovation »

i think he has a problem or two .but a pillow come on !
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, I've found that police will call just about anything an attempt at their lives just so they have the freedom to do whatever they want.
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

normalicy wrote:Yeah, I've found that police will call just about anything an attempt at their lives just so they have the freedom to do whatever they want.
I have found that people that have never been a police officer often don't know what the heck they are talking about sometimes.

I don't think they were worried about the pillow injuring them, but the diseases it could hold.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

nitro237 wrote:I have found that people that have never been a police officer often don't know what the heck they are talking about sometimes.

I don't think they were worried about the pillow injuring them, but the diseases it could hold.
Still garbage said and done. File the cause for concern for the disease in the paperwork, if thought to be worry for health checkup, but file Assault...????? come on man thats just being an ass and making the deal more than it is.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Oh my neighbor is one & we're pretty good buddies. He told me himself that he'll claim attempted murder on him on the stupidest stuff just to make sure he's covered. Heck, I've seen cop shows were they were chasing a guy & he almost wrecked (lost control of his vehicle) & over the radio, they're saying that he tried to kill them when his vehicle swung around. Common. I don't think we should prosecute cops every time they shoot/beat someone if the person deserved it, but it's kinda pathetic what they'll do to cover their buts or be able to use their guns.