So anyone feel the earthquake?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

So anyone feel the earthquake?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

How about you, wvjohn?

What people fail to realize is that THERE IS NO PLACE ON EARTH where there aren't earthquakes, given a long enough period of time. It's just that mid-plate quakes happen rarely. They could have a large quake in New York City, but it's just unlikely to happen anytime in the next 100,000 years. Then again it could happen tomorrow.

They even happen in Florida: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... on=Florida
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Didn't feel a darn thing here. Most people don't know, but there was a quake in Colorado too. The same day & about the same intensity.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I felt it in Athens, Ohio. I was setting at my desk, revising procedure with my headphones on. Suddenly I felt weird and slightly off balance. I thought I was going to have to find a doctor. The tremor itself was very mild. You had to be still to feel it.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Nope.. was on a plane. Had I not got on the plane I should have felt it.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Lost some stuff off my wall in at my work office. Had a few things fall over and off shelves at home. It was a real shake in DC. The National Cathedral had 3 out of 4 capstones fall off the spires of one of the towers. Those would have left a mark if they had hit anybody.
darcy

Post by darcy »

we felt it for 'bout 8-10 seconds in our room @ myrtle beach!
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
©LINT

Post by ©LINT »

Wife felt it at Fort Bragg, NC. People in my town felt it but I didn't. I am desensitized from that type of stuff since I have a rambunctious 3 year old. . ;)
[color="DarkRed"]LFD Fire-15[/color]
CaterpillarAssassin
Almighty Member

Post by CaterpillarAssassin »

ya I felt it too. Same reaction, thought I was getting dizzy. Walked out of my office to make a copy and the guy in the next office asked if I felt that. Guess it wasn't just me after all. Too small to knock anything off the walls or anything, though.