east coast members

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

east coast members

Post by renovation »

you guys batten down and be safe over these next couple of days !
also try to keep us at pca up to date on how you all are holding out. Hurricane Irene has begin to lash the East Coast they are saying.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
CaterpillarAssassin
Almighty Member

Post by CaterpillarAssassin »

I'm up in Massachusetts. They are calling for 4-8 inches of rain and gusts to 60mph. Not too worried about it. I am thinking that I will get a little water in the basement, which sucks but not going to kill me. I'll let you know how we do. I am about 2 hours from the coast, so we usually have it easy.
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

:lmao I went to the liquor store I am ready! :lmao
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

i have a generator 50 gals of diesel fuel and plenty of offline games to play. genny is a little 2 cylnder so 50 gals should last quite awhile if the power goes out. im in the 40-60 mph wind area so trees will probly fall :(

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9490"><font color=red>My Heatware<font/></a> <font color=white><font size="2"> :cool

:hic :rockon:
darcy

Post by darcy »

lol @ DaMan ; )

had to cut our vacation in SC short, ~ we are not happy 'bout that, nor 'bout havin' to spend quite a bit xtra $$ to get us the heck outta there early. but we are home safe 'n' sound now { the usual 1-1/2hr flight took us 10hrs via connectin' flights on different airline }.
now we batten down the hatches 'n' see what happens.
Mayor has already announced bridges will be closed as o' noon tomorrow, and all subway, train 'n' bus service will also be halted as well.
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
©LINT

Post by ©LINT »

I am 111 miles west of Wilmington NC. At around 5pm, we started seeing the bands come in bringing light wind but heavy rain, but that lasted for 10 minutes. Sunset was bright pink but partly cloudy and almost no wind. Should bring in heavy rain in a couple of hours. We're good to go and IF things get back, our fire department allows our family to go to the stations. ;) Hope all up north stay dry and safe!
[color="DarkRed"]LFD Fire-15[/color]
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

I think I want to buy a generator for the future so when we get snow storms and hurricanes we have some back up power. Any recommendations? Are the cheap ones from Harbor Freight any good? What is the best way to determine the right size for my needs?
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, good luck to you guys.

DaMaN, I've heard good things about HF's generators. I know they use Honda engines too.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

best wishes to anyone in the storm's path and be safe!
RubberDuckie

Post by RubberDuckie »

Best wishes...However we see 70MPH winds on a regular occasions here in west Texas. So I dont what to hear any complaining :P
JSTMF
renovation

Post by renovation »

don't be cheap Dave -stay clear of harbor freight buy one thats a honda or at min.has a honda motor. also size up your watts needed .its way better to be over power then under -a under powered unit can damage motors i know this first hand :(
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
renovation

Post by renovation »

dave also hide the wife & daughters hair blowers when the generater is in use they can and will pull more wattage then rated when they get turned on and blow the circuit breaker on a generator. :) then you may not have a working fridge and lights !
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

another vote on no harbor freight generators i got one of those thats rated 5000 watts and it can only run a few lights. definatly not 5000 watts worth.
@ darcy you could have stayed in SC. it totally missed it.

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9490"><font color=red>My Heatware<font/></a> <font color=white><font size="2"> :cool

:hic :rockon:
RubberDuckie

Post by RubberDuckie »

DId you guys have it wired up to the house ? or just extension cord into the house?
JSTMF
renovation

Post by renovation »

im talking gas powered portable units ! but i have used them both ways with a auto disconnect wired to a home and using cords. i have also installed/helped install some natural gas powered back up systems !