How to fix iPhone 6's protruding camera

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

What FP said is what I meant. As long as the phone works on VZW, you can buy one from someone (or pay full retail somewhere) and swap it out.

Just don't do it through VZW or they'll change your plan.

On a side note: We have VZW for our corporate account, with unlimited data. The trick I do is that we have two Dell laptops with VZW built in. They're eligible for upgrades all the time, so I get new phones using those two numbers. Then when it arrives, I just call them and have them put the new phone on one of the other numbers on our account. Plan stays the same, my user is happy and we wait 12 months for more upgrades on the laptops again. LOL
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

FYI: I bought my custom Bamboo back Moto-X from Verizon's website and paid full out-of-contract price (although the order was processed and shipped from Motorola) and swapped the phone out via online control panel, and it didn't change my plan (and I'm still in mid-contract). The insurance even transferred to the new phone. I did not want a new contract.

They really don't care if you pay full price for a phone from them, and swap it out (or buy one from someone else). Just don't do it at the store or the salesman there WILL try to make you renew your contract.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Yah, I knew I could switch it that way, what I was getting at was more that buying an iPhone 6 wouldn't really benefit me now because I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the 4G, I'd still be stuck on 3G because of my plan.. Now if there was a way to switch to the 4G and keep things the way they are, I'd probably be all about that.. lol Thanks for the info, both of you. :)
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'd borrow a 4G phone from someone and see if it'll take the 4G signal. If it does, then go for it. What have you got to lose?

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I tried that one time before with one of my work phones.. I went from a Droid Pro (3G) to a Droid 4 (4G) and I didn't get the 4G until I had one of my POCs change the plan :( But I'm going to keep searching. haha :)
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Fight the good fight!

RubberDuckie

Post by RubberDuckie »

People still buy iPhones? WOW!
JSTMF
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

I am one of those that refuses to use a case on their phone. Simply put, if I am spending $$$ on a phone, I expect it to be designed properly, and function as a phone. If the manufacturer cant be bothered to make it solid enough to not need to be encased in protective crap, it was poorly designed and not worth my money.

That said, i also dont drop kick it across the room. My iphone 4 survived almost 2 years before the first small crack on the back glass, and thats just a small corner and it stayed together regardless. But if you look at my S3, the back cover is pretty trashed, and the rear lens is scratched to hell.