Lock that cannot be picked...

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
DaMaN

Lock that cannot be picked...

Post by DaMaN »

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

cool idea
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Animation of how it works. I like it. Would take a little getting used to:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jgekjfwph ... showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
------------------------------------------

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

That's a very interesting lock. I'm guessing extra keys would be costly. My only criticism is that that open key is going to snag the inside of my pocket every time I pull it out.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

They say it can't be bumped, but I bet somebody will make a special bumper to get it to work.

As a lock picking hobbyist, that is a great looking design that at the moment will keep most would be thieves out.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Pugsley wrote:They say it can't be bumped, but I bet somebody will make a special bumper to get it to work.

As a lock picking hobbyist, that is a great looking design that at the moment will keep most would be thieves out.
Well, they're reasoning for why it can't be bumped is because unlike traditional locks which have pins that go up, their pins actually fall into place. It's also very tight on space, so bumping becomes tougher if not impossible.

I like the design. Gotta get creative these days.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Then you would just need a reverse bump key... make it all 1's instead of 9's with a special profile for bumping up.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Looks a lot like the locks in Elder Scrolls :)
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Doesn't look like they'll get their Kickstarter funding. They're not even close.