It was only a matter of time: MS Class Action Lawsuit

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Executioner
Life Member

It was only a matter of time: MS Class Action Lawsuit

Post by Executioner »

http://microsoftclassactionlawsuit.com/

Don't know where this will go since I'm not a lawyer or that knowledgeable about the MS license agreement, but this should be interesting considering that MS downloaded software on your PC without your consent. Was it legal? Don't know...
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Not surprised, given the litigious society we've got these days.
------------------------------------------

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

MS has more lawyers and $$ than Donald Trump. I am sure that somewhere in the TOS it says "Bite Me"
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

wvjohn would know best, but it's a nonsense lawsuit in my opinion. Win10 is not installed automatically. Legally it's no different than a service pack update. The normal operation of Windows update stores update files on your drive all the time.

Yes it's annoying, and in my opinion pre-loading 3GB of files for an update you may never want is pushing it over the edge, but it's not illegal and I'm sure it's covered in their terms of service.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

renovation

Post by renovation »

wonder if I could join seeing they said MS to download windows 10 .then to be told my old Amd cpu was not compatible to windows 10 ?
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help