buying refurb or new

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

buying refurb or new

Post by renovation »

were do you stand when buying items for personal use ?
I feel if it's a item im only going to use now and then . the warranty is the same as new and there a major price different I will buy refurb. only items i will not buy refurb are electronic. this is after being informed by a major computer maker that they were going to resell. my lemon unit as a refurb . even do they knew it was non- fixable. after have tech service out 5 times to the office in under 2 months. this was a very longtime ago on a store bought retail computer.
i do test the items i buy as refurb as soon as i receive them. to make sure they perform as i exspect and designed to.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Ditto on electrics. I will buy dent and scratch stuff once and a while. Power equipment - never.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Generally, with refurbs, if it works for the first month, it'll be good. I'm only afraid of refurbs on stuff that is not user serviceable. But that's me.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Depends on the refurb and who I'm dealing with. I've had good luck with Dell PC refurbs for clients. I've also personally had good luck with Dell refurb monitors both from Dell's refurb store and from their leasing division.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "