order a new tent tonight ~

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

order a new tent tonight ~

Post by reno »

https://kamprite.com/shop/tents/off-the ... tc-double/
we will only use it like one weekend will also be ordering some memory foam for it .wanted something that was off the ground and figure even if we don't like it still be same as it cost as a hotel for that weekend . so we break even money wise .just not had as good a nights sleep .
normalicy

Re: order a new tent tonight ~

Post by normalicy »

Interesting, I'll keep an eye out for deals. Keeping off of the ground is what I like... and the quick set-up.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Neat. One place I go there was a woman who had a single version of that with mosquito netting as well as a fly. Being off the ground is huge. I've got a '91 coleman popup that I use a couple of times a year. I got it for $700 about 6 years ago and have more than gotten my money out of it, esp. when it rains. I do one 5 day gig every year over the 4th of july weekend and we always get thunderstorms. I like to watch the water run underneath the camper and go somewhere else.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

the unit arrived I'm very very happy with this unit . set it up the first time took about 15 mins . wife and I layed in it and there was plenty . the center support bar is made so it run's down the middle of the tent. so its between you and your partner . the cot you sleep on is very tight and no sag. nice surprise was to find there is a full mesh screen opening on all 4 sides for good cross ventilation. the rain fly is a easy to install slip over the elastic raps the cot. 4 plastic clip under and attaches to the metal frame . you just pull the cords tight and done . I was shocked the inside of the tent is only 41 inchs but there tons of head space and pockets for your small to stuff .they even added hangers to clip a battery lantern to the ceiling . they say you can use it as a chair or lounger when the tents down . IM guessing we never will use it that way . the carry case is a very heavy gage water proof .also has room to keep are ground tarp that 12 x 10 . only draw back it is heavy 55 lbs and it big folded up in the case -will measure case and update later !
as for cost best deal I found was on amazon for $200.04 plus tax. most sites were in the $250 plus range .
just measured the storage case with tent in it. --- 53 inch's x 32 inch's x 5 inch's its has a non adjustable shoulder strap and weight is like 50 pounds . not something you want to take on a hiking camping trip.
Last edited by reno on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I put it in my wish-list.