A Critical Problem

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

A Critical Problem

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This photo gives me the creeps...

...I read about Louis Slotin and Harry Daghlian, who were killed by criticality incidents. They were doing experiments to determine criticality properties for nuclear weapons design. They died horribly. Don’t read about them unless you have a strong stomach.

The metal rods in the top photo are plutonium. Rods can roll. These rods could roll closer to each other and perhaps produce the kind of runaway neutron reaction that killed Slotin and Daghlian. Putting a hand in to separate them could make the reaction worse because the water in a human body reflects the neutrons...
https://nucleardiner.wordpress.com/2017 ... l-problem/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Re: A Critical Problem

Post by Pugsley »

I have seen a trend it just about everything I get involved with and that is that management has no ideal what they are doing! And the thing is it's their job to tell you how to do things!