More idiots on the highway - biker kicks car edition

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Err
Life Member

Re: More idiots on the highway - biker kicks car edition

Post by Err »

I saw this yesterday. I hope the cyclist and driver both lose their licenses. I think this happened in California. Are either of those drivers supposed to be in that lane?
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

For those that don't live in CA, you are allowed to "lane split" if your on a bike. It was originally attended for when you come to a red light, the bikers would move to the front which make sense. On highways, they are allowed to travel between traffic - lane splitting. I'm sure the guy on the bike almost got hit, which prompted the kick of the car, but the guy in the car lost control in his attempt to hit the biker.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I used to ride for like 12yrs and I've seen drivers in their cars do mean things to bikers, so the bikers would pull up alongside the car and kick the side of the car. Since we don't know what led up to that moment, it's tough to say whether it was deserved or not.