Solar Eclips Map - see how it will look like in your area

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Executioner
Life Member

Solar Eclips Map - see how it will look like in your area

Post by Executioner »

normalicy

Re: Solar Eclips Map - see how it will look like in your area

Post by normalicy »

One of the few times I was glad I lived in St. Louis. I'll be able to see it in totality.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Where I live, it's 97%, but I'm 2 hrs and 20 mins from 100%. Trying to convince the wife to let me take our son out of school that day to drive up.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

AAA cautions drivers not to look at the eclipse while driving or take cell phone pictures. I guess we've reached that point in lack of common sense.

I'm waiting to see if the AARP tells us oldsters to stay inside so we don't get confused ;)

I sure hope most people have enough sense not to look at the sun without some really high end protection - not 3-d glasses from DollarG. Flying dragon eclipse glasses may not be sufficient. From what I read, #14 welder's lenses are the only safe bet unless you're really sure of what you have.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Rule of thumb is safe eclipse glasses should be so dark, that you should not see anything if you look at a light bulb. I ordered some approved ones and yeah, it's like looking through a welder's mask.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.