Eclipsenik Photos

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Eclipsenik Photos

Post by reno »

looks a lot like clouds and rain here by us in the area north of Tampa florida right now.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Partly cloudy, but the clouds opened up several times and we got to see max totality.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

the sky allowed some viewing after all but also rain for a bit.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

We only go to 90% in Ohio so it was a bit underwhelming. Still cool. Seeing your shadow get fuzzy was a bit trippy.
Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

I tried taking a photo of the eclipse using my camera and tablet. They came out way too bright but you do see a ghost image above the sun. I made sure to block the sun with the tablet and use it as my eyes.
It was a 0.89 magnitude in Surrey British Columbia.

Here's one during the eclipse:

Here's a photo the day after the eclipse:

Here's a zoomed in photo of the eclipse:
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Almost hopeless without an SLR camera with manual focus (and I wasn't going to risk my DSLR since I didn't have a sun filter) because the auto focus on most cameras won't focus on the sun. I shot dozens of photos with a pocket camera and my phone, through the filter in my eclipse glasses. Didn't seem at first that any of them came out - they were just blurry blobs, but I just went through them today and I got lucky with three of them. Here's the best one from my MotoX Pure phone. I purposely overrode the f-stop and kept tapping on the auto focus to try to force it to focus and got lucky:

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.