T11 siding up to $33 sheet - ouch

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
wvjohn

T11 siding up to $33 sheet - ouch

Post by wvjohn »

I'm having some overdue maintenance work done and getting one of garage bays increased by a foot so I can get my camper inside. When they guys I use are available, I grab them. Cost of everything is way up, likely from hurricanes, and I seem to remember you know who starting a 20%+ tariff on the lumber coming out of Canada.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: T11 siding up to $33 sheet - ouch

Post by reno »

WOW - ya im seeing a price jump in all sheet goods - from cdx plywood to drywall . I recall after one storm buying 1/2 or 7 /16 cdx plywood $22.00 a sheet .but just a week before the storm it sold for $6.95 per sheet for the same cdx plywood.we were in michigan and not even affected by the storm . we use the cdx plywood for re-roofing homes before applying tar paper and shingles . that's like fiberglass roofing shingles take about a major price jump . when gas price's spiked roofing shingles went though the roof . they took a 3 times price increase from like $28.00 per square to $75.00 to $80.00 per square . those price have never rebounded even after oil prices dropped . there a lot of oil used to make shingles but still :(