You can use the HOV lanes on Rt 66 near DC if you've got the coin.

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
wvjohn

You can use the HOV lanes on Rt 66 near DC if you've got the coin.

Post by wvjohn »

This is a 9 mile stretch of road heavily used by commuters. Net neutrality anyone?

http://www.localdvm.com/news/virginia/i ... /875807159

VIRGINIA - After just two days of express lanes operating on I-66 Inside the Beltway, officials say they're already seeing improvements to congestion.

Officials say, driving speeds are averaging around fifty-seven miles per hour during peak hours. This compares to thirty-seven miles per hour averages this time last year.

They also say there has been a fairly significant reduction in travel time.

However, the [font=]dynamic tolling[/font] on the nine-mile stretch has caused a buzz within the community.

Prices have ranged from around [font=]four dollars all the way to forty dollars[/font] at around eight Tuesday morning.

Those toll prices are updated every six minutes.

"It's important to note that people that did pay that were drivers that made that choice to pay it," reminds Michelle Holland, VDOT communications manager for megaprojects.

Officials say they're monitoring toll pricing patterns and operations closely to get a better idea of options for the future.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: You can use the HOV lanes on Rt 66 near DC if you've got the coin.

Post by reno »

hell we use the to toll road here in florida all the time and from are place in New Port Richey to down town Tampa on the Fl-589 .Toll rates were adjusted statewide on October 29, 2017[11]. SunPass users pay $5.08 to travel the entire 55-mile route. Toll-By-Plate is accepted on the Veterans Expressway section (Exits 2-14), and is currently priced at $2.41. Toll-by-Plate users are also subject to a $2.50 administrative fee, and invoices are mailed monthly. Cash is accepted between Exit 14, and the northern terminus at US 98. Cash users pay $4.50 to pass through the three mainline plazas. Mainline plazas are attended, and change is available. Booths at all on/off ramps are unattended, and cash payments require exact change.[citation needed]
they going to make a express lane on part of the fl-589 veterans soon and will be having a up charge rate to use it but the added cost will be like a .25 or .50 cents per toll booth location for sunpass users like me . may total a extra $4,00 if I were to run whole length of this speed lane .it only be like 10 mph or 15 mph faster speed allowed in this special lane . over the normal toll roads speed . nothing like the $44.00 they say in the store above that seems insane to me to pay such a fee and changing the rate every 6-10 minutes . that would seem to be a drivers nightmare to if your a budget watcher driver . also if you hire a taxi and you say your in a hurry even the driver have to have a special reader to know how to bill you if he was told to use the express lane, just saying.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I guess I'm just behind the times living in a backwards state where almost all the roads are free. There is one toll section of the WV turnpike near Charleston, but they should really pay you to drive on it, horrible road.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

update -email i received tonight.
New Lanes on the Veterans Expressway to Open December 9th

On December 9th SunPass customers in the Tampa area will be provided with an additional travel lane in each direction. This is the first six-mile phase of the project and it extends from Hillsborough Avenue to Gunn Highway.

Customers can enter northbound at Hillsborough Avenue with the first accessible exit at Gunn Highway. Customers traveling southbound can enter at Gunn Highway with the first accessible exit at SR 60. It is imperative that customers enter and exit at these designated locations ONLY and do not cross over the express lane markers. An inside shoulder is provided for emergency purposes.

Customers can travel in the new lanes paying only the general toll amount and must have their SunPass accounts active and transponders properly mounted. Cash or TOLL-BY-PLATE is not accepted in the express lanes and only two-axle vehicles are permitted.

The section of the project from Gunn Highway to the Dale Mabry Highway is expected to open in the Spring of 18. The reconstruction of the Veterans Expressway includes additional capacity, conversion to all electronic toll collection, interchange/intersection improvements, and other roadway safety and aesthetic enhancements.

Please click here for Veterans Expressway Map
Thank you for being a valued SunPass customer!