New office

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

New office

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've been moving some stuff over to the office at the new house. Some photos:

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: New office

Post by reno »

very nice office.
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Looks pretty good. Organized well. Thought about putting one of those bar type power strips on the back edge of the desk? Can never have enough power outlets!
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

You are the Chairman of the Board! Very nice. I had my fixit guys rough out an office space in my garage years ago...some day I may use it for something other than erratic storage.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Key: everything is off the floor. Power strips attached to back of desk facing window. The momnitor and power strip on the desktop on the right is for bench testing. Two big mats to protect desk when bench testing pcs.

There's a "J" channel along the back of the teo sides of the desk (window and wall) to hide cables.

That's a temporary rig - it's an old spare PC. Haven't moved the workstation and gaming PC from old house yet.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Very Nice!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Behind the desk showing the power strips and "J" channels. Just enough room to walk back there and connect stuff.

Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Oh ok. Looked like the portion with the printer on it was your testing area so figured strip would be there. however they all take same cabling these days, so just having a "umbilical" with all the important stuff ported there would work out just fine.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Nice. I've had in the works a plan to move my office upstairs. I'll post my adventure in another post so you all can get a laugh at some of the crazy shit I've dealt with so far.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Office looks really slick, Bob! Nice job! How's the rest of the house looking?
shnaig
Goober Member

Post by shnaig »

Awesome looking setup!
I want to see a picture in a couple of months with parts all over the place.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Final piece I was waiting for. Just got it back from the framer. I have a couple of video discs for Star Trek 1 and II, and I've wanted to frame the album covers. The discs themselves aren't worth framing because they have no artwork on them.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

We've been staying in the new house the past week and started seriously moving a few days ago.

I moved most of my office, including the gaming PC and main workstation over so the desk is pretty much laid out the way it's going to stay.

Ironically, after buying a new iComfort chair, I'm liking my old Hon chair better in some ways. The new chair has MUCH softer cushions, but the old Hon chair feels better ergonomically. I'm still undecided. If I stick with the Hon chair I'll give the wife the new one.

I'm going to work VERY hard to keep things OFF my desk. Notice there's no stapler, tape dispenser, paper clip dispenser, etc. I'm keeping everything in a drawer. Trying to keep the desk neat and clean.

I'm shopping for a 34" curved ultra wide monitor like Losbot just got, but my trusty old dual 22" Dell Ultra-Sharp monitors still look great and do the job.

I slightly lost my battle to keep EVERYTHING off the floor. It's not really practical to put the gaming PC on the desk (it's connected to the large Asus ROG 27" monitor on the left), so I have it on the floor on a 3m PC dolly. The gaming headphones are hanging on a "T" headphone hanger mounted under the desk.

The "J" channels are working out great for cable management. I have just enough room to walk behind the desk and work on cables, but you can't see anything from the front of the desk or from the doorway.

The Spinrite PC is setup in the closet. I haven't moved the server or the NAS box yet, but they'll go on the shelf in the closet under the Spinrite PC.

Got all my parts bins nicely stacked on the shelves, and you can also see one of the access points mounted in the closet.

Other side of the closet is for coats, and more shelves. Toolbelt is hanging in there temporarily. I need to mount a hook for it in the garage.

I'm really glad I added a hutch. The original plan was shelves, but the hutch looks great and has a massive amount of storage.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Oh, and the view out my office window. Gotta fix that gouge from the dumpster, and spread some seed in the spring.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

It's looking great Bob! Love it!