Auto Insurance Rant

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Auto Insurance Rant

Post by reno »

I honestly don't know what to do. I'm probably going to have to pay the shop to get my car back plus whatever they don't cover on the rental.
THIS SUCKS forgot who your with ? I have heard horror story's about Progressive and Geico with paying claims. there a reason they can offer cheaper rates . its like i found out tonight my Road Aid though Liberty Mutual pays up to a $100 for a service call after that it coming out of my pocket per tow or jump . glad it was under tonight that when I killed my battery at the airport waiting for a friend in the cell lot. :fact

I do know most if not all insurance policy's only have a 30 day car rental. at a set per day rate up to a set max dollar amount for 30 days max.
mine if I remember $30.00 per day they will pay up to $900.00 total. for a rental car use while in for covered repairs :(
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I have Grange Mutual. It has the same rental agreement as yours reno.

After leaving a voice mail with my adjuster and leaving a message with customer service, I got a call back. Grange wants more pictures of the damage. I did find out that my deductible is waved because of an uninsured motorist rider I have. I just hate being out of the loop. It's very stressful to call to see if your car is ready only to find that it's not, there's a dispute, and I'm just now finding out.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Grange years ago they were ok ! but that was well over 10 years now -don't remember if i ever used the coverage or not other then maybe road aid !
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I can't complain about State Farm. Has always had our backs.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I finally got my car back Friday.

I'm glad to not be driving the 2017 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL rental. It had several inherent issues that make me never want a new Nissan. The first issue I had was the kickpanel. I'm only 5'8" and set as far back as I can in a car. Still, I cracked my right shin about 4 times getting in because the kickpanel stuck out so far. The second issue was the cruise control. It uses adaptive cruise control which I liked on the Toyota Camry I had rented before. However, if the radar sensor or camera that Nissan uses gets splashed with mud in the rain or snow. The entire system, along with collision warning, shuts off. That was very annoying. The car had paddle shifters that interfered with getting to the wipers and turn signals. Plus they were mounted to the hub so they didn't turn with the wheel. I find these to be silly on family touring sedans in the first place, especially so when the transmission is a CVT. The mileage was terrible for this size of car as I could only get 31 on the highway. While that may seem okay, I could get that with the AWD Dodge Avenger I used to own. I think the engine is too big for this car. A 4cyl turbo would be a better option if it existed. Another annoyance was the left windshield wiper. The car had the beam style blades on it and would create a low pressure area on the left of the windshield that prevented water from getting blown off so on the down stroke you get a smear. The audio system was Bose branded but sounded very mediocre and added odd digital artifacts to the softer sounding parts of a song like it was applying some sort of leveling (which I had turned off). To sum up, a Toyota Camry with a 4 cyl is the better choice judging by the rentals I've had over the past few months. Plus I was getting 38 to 40 highway with it.