Alexa, Tell Me A National Security Secret: Amazon's Reach Goes Beyond The Post Office

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Alexa, Tell Me A National Security Secret: Amazon's Reach Goes Beyond The Post Office

Post by FlyingPenguin »

...the president might be surprised to learn that one of Amazon's biggest customers is, in fact, the federal government. Amazon's relationship with the government goes well beyond delivering packages — to playing a vital role in protecting America's national security secrets.

While Amazon still makes most of its money selling stuff online, a growing part of the company's business is storing stuff in the cloud.

Amazon Web Services, or AWS, sells its cloud services to lots of companies, and increasingly to the government. Agencies from the Smithsonian to the CIA have awarded contracts to AWS...{more}
https://www.npr.org/2018/04/23/60438487 ... -post-offi
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "