Trump feels presidential smartphone security is “too inconvenient”

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Trump feels presidential smartphone security is “too inconvenient”

Post by FlyingPenguin »

According to a report by Politico's Eliana Johnson, Emily Stephenson, and Daniel Lippman, Trump has resisted all efforts to get him to use a secured mobile device, instead relying on a pair of off-the-shelf cell phones—one for Twitter only and the other for placing calls. And while the phones used for calls are treated to a degree as "burner phones"—with devices being swapped out regularly—Trump has pushed back on regular security checks and swap-outs of his Twitter phone, calling them "too inconvenient." Two White House officials told Politico that Trump has gone as long as five months without having his Twitter device checked by IT or WHCA staff.
https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... onvenient/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Re: Trump feels presidential smartphone security is “too inconvenient”

Post by Pugsley »

I have often wondered if twitter just up and decided to hijack that account and spout whatever they wanted what would happen.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

If someone hijacked Trumps account and spouted whatever, you've never know the difference.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Aint that the truth
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

HAHA!!! but all jokes aside its got me thinking... its a 3rd party and there is no law that I know of that would prevent them from doing so other then stockholders.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Because security is .... inconvenient.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

AAANDDD maybe that's why all these mysterious fake cell phone towers are popping up all over Washington DC?

https://www.wired.com/story/dcs-stingra ... rveillance

I assume (hope!) he's not actually on a cellular connection when using the Twiiter phone (would not be a good thing if a cell phone carrier could obtain the geographic location of the President any time he had his phone turned on). I'm guessing he's on a phone without a SIM card and they're just running a very locked down Wifi access point for him that only allows him to communicate with Twitter. They could do the same thing when he travels with a locked down mobile hot spot.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

That's interesting... I wonder if the Stingrays perform better then the real network. Cell phone providers pull out the real towers and let the stingrays handle everything to save money. :rolleyes: