Adventures in Banff

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
psypher
Golden Member

Adventures in Banff

Post by psypher »

Spent last week visiting Banff National Park. Had a great time, saw lots of animals, and almost died a few times...

We drove up to Jasper for a few days and on the way up I saw the sign for the Jasper Skytram. Weather had been iffy all week so decided to take advantage of the decent weather at the time. The Skytram takes you up Whistlers Mountain, about 7K feet. At around 3/4 of the way, a crazy storm hits and the gondola stops due to high winds. So here I am with my family in a metal box with like 15 other people swinging around in 60mph winds for about 30 minutes. When the winds died down they had to manually override the system to bring us up. That screwed up the system and power surges knocked out some circuits so everyone got stuck up there. After four hours we made it back down on helicopter.

On the way back from Jasper I pissed of a mama grizzly.

So in summary, I visited Canada and Canada tried to kill me.
Last edited by psypher on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Adventures in Banff

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The bears had heard about the trade tariffs, and were being patriotic. :D
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

Your adventure is in Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasper_Skytram

Glad you didn't get eaten by a Grizzly.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

LOL