A Dallas Councilman just reignited the Botham Jean murder controversy with an eye-opening Facebook post

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

A Dallas Councilman just reignited the Botham Jean murder controversy with an eye-opening Facebook post

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Okay, I've been waiting to hear more about this. So much doesn't make sense. I can understand that MAYBE she confused his apartment door for her's BUT the guy had a garish red door mat, explicitly to make it stand out for his visiting friends because all the doors look the same.

Then there's the inconsistent stories: She says the door was ajar, the search warrant says he answered the door, and neighbors said they heard them talking before the shot was fired.

Even assuming the door was ajar and she really thought it was her apartment, AND it was too dark inside to immediately tell she was in the wrong apartment, SHE'S A COP. You don't just shoot someone. You draw your weapon and say 'police' and 'what the Frack are you doing in my apartment?'.

Then there's the interesting tidbit that the responding officers applied CPR but no mention she did.

Then there's the three day delay before they arrest her, which was coordinated so she could immediately post bail and didn't have to spend any time in jail. You or me? Our asses would have spent a night in a holding cell.

And then you have Dallas PD throwing shade on the guy because he has marijuana in his apartment, which is completely irrelevant. I'm sure they would have preferred someone with a criminal record, but it turns out that other than smoking pot IN HIS HOME and being a little loud when he parties, the guy is completely respectable AND connected to a prominent family from St. Lucia, used to work in St. Lucia's government, and by all accounts was a fine upstanding, well educated individual.

I don't personally think she murdered him on purpose, but I gotta wonder if maybe she was going to tell him to keep it down because she just got off a long shift, and she needed to sleep, and maybe an argument ensued and things got out of hand. I dunno.

But these behind the scenes shenanigans are making it look really bad. At the very least this is manslaughter. There's just no excuse for a cop to enter someone's HOME and shoot them. If it was a mistake on her part, it's sad and tragic, but a completely innocent person is still dead.

https://washingtonpress.com/2018/09/15/ ... um=twitter
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: A Dallas Councilman just reignited the Botham Jean murder controversy with an eye-opening Facebook post

Post by Losbot »

The whole thing just stinks and too much doesn't add up.