Amazon Airline

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Amazon Airline

Post by reno »

yesterday was driving past tampa Airport . I was shocked to see Amazon now has there own Airplanes ! nice new looking jet aircraft . there shipping there own freight by jet .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Amazon Airline

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno

Post by reno »

wonder when the government will start looking into amazon .there getting into all the logic of shipping and taking out the middle men .im sure those in the logic movement of goods are sweating Amazon . like the post office ,ups and fedx . a friend who works for the post office said Amazon has already informed them. that there going to reduce there reliance on them after the new year. 2019 could be a very interesting year for the logic industry .
Last edited by reno on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

vertical integration is more profitable, if you can pull it off. I still buy a lot of stuff from them even though they treat warehouse workers poorly, for the simple reason that it is very hard in hillbilly land to find stuff locally, as in a pair of pants my size. The nearest B&M stores are at least a 90 mile rountrip and I quit doing that because the stock was terrible.

If Sears had forward looking management they could have been a player.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

There has been some grumbling in the rail industry as well. If you look at the centers in and around Chicago they are all with in one mile of major lines. One of them is right down the street from a large inter model facility. I wonder if they plan to get into container ships and get stuff DIRECT from the source.
reno

Post by reno »

Beyond planes, the company has bought thousands of its own truck trailers and is also starting to act as an ocean freight shipping operator to move goods between China and the U.S.
https://www.recode.net/2017/1/31/144622 ... -prime-air
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Amazon Air has been around for a little bit now. I believe they're going to be the 3rd largest cargo fleet. I saw an article that they've got like a dozen more planes on order over the next 2 years. They're filling in the gaps where they just can't get what they need, from FedEx, UPS or USPS. I see their vans every week, driving around town.