Neck pain

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Neck pain

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Been laid up for the past week with neck pain. I have always had a straight spine in my neck (known as Military Neck) which causes me problems from time to time, but never this bad before. I've been pretty much stuck in a recliner with a cervical collar for 4 days. According to today's xrays my neck is actually in REVERSE curve now (curved back instead of forward), called a "reverse neck curve". That's not great but it's a relief that they didn't see any narrowing of the nerve channels in the vertebrae which might be causing a nerve pinch.

Chiropractor has been working on it and it's getting better. Once I've recovered there's a wonderful torture device called a Cervical Correction Block he wants me to try to try to get my neck back in a proper curve.

Today is the first day I've actually felt like doing anything other than watch TV.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Neck pain

Post by Executioner »

Sign of getting old. I currently have an issue with my left arm, probably due to playing too many pc games while I was off for 3 weeks. I've been limiting my time gaming to just the weekends, but my arm still hurts when I move it in a certain direction. I guess I need to take a long break in between gaming.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's not the years. It's the mileage. - Dr. Indiana Jones
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

signs of really getting old. I had acid reflux which started last fall - took the antacids, kept getting worse, I was busy doing stuff for my wife who had recent back surgery and was just waiting for it to get better. Long story short, my regular gp was useless, had to change doctors, he got me in to see a gastro asap. the base of my esopahgus had basically swollen down to about 5 mm. Couldn't get a scope through on first endocscopy, referred to baltimore for another one next tues by the big dogs at U of Md. They use liquid nitrogen to remove excess tissue. I've been on a liquid diet for over 6 weeks now, and have lost about 50 lbs since last oct. The good news was I was fat, so I had some margins. But it is not fun not being able to eat anything but protein shakes and blendered eggs.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ouch. I don't feel so bad now. Get better.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Ouch John / Bob.
Hope you both feel better soon. :(
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah John that sucks. I guess we all have out medical issues. I've had my spleen removed back in 1985 due to a blood platelet issue. Then I had a blood clot in my leg in 1997, so now I'm on Warfarin (also called Coumadin) since then. Had to sell all my toys: dirt bike, street bike, etc.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

John / Bob hope you both heal quick .
Acid Reflex i have know about for years now .Just glad mine able to be keep under controlled with my one pill every morning .(Prosic /Omeprazole )
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

With acid reflex, which my wife has, she started to drink Kangen water (high PH >7). It has helped her. Also, Dr. Oz had a conversation on this type of water. The outcome - helps if you have acid reflex. For those that don't have acid reflex, normal water is fine.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Is this slowly turning into the old fogies forum? Though I admit to suffering from acid reflux myself.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well the neck is substantially better today. Took the cervical collar off so now my cats don't think the wife had me fixed.... :)

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Well the neck is substantially better today. Took the cervical collar off so now my cats don't think the wife had me fixed.... :)
+1