Wvjohn has passed away...

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
darcy

Re: The doctors have run lots of tests on me and the news is not good.

Post by darcy »

From Elmdea this eve:

"John is still with us and is very peaceful now. He’s not in pain, breathing easily. He’s unresponsive, but I know he can hear. There have been many instances of divine orchestration today. Many.
His youngest son, Chris, came to say his goodbyes this evening. He poured his heart out to his father. There is beauty all around."

Pic of John in younger days, ~
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
darcy

Post by darcy »

John has passed this day, September 20, 2019. May he rest in peace,,,

"John died peacefully this morning. I was holding his hand as he took his last breaths. His spirit had already left his body. His body was just catching up. He’s free."
Last edited by darcy on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Rest in Peace, John. :(
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Wvjohn has passed away...

Post by reno »

May John Rip but his spirit will live on here at PCA !
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Rest In Peace John.
Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

Rest in peace, wvjohn.
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

I hope that his family finds peace as well in these trying times...

We went through this last year with my mom's husband... Found out he had cancer right before Thanksgiving, and he passed away a few days after my mom's birthday in mid January... it's hard for everyone involved. The person suffering, the family...

Darcy, please let Elmdea know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

Rest in Peace, John.
darcy

Post by darcy »

It really tears at the heart,, and also reading what you all have been through (hugs),,,
( I lost my Dad 3 years ago in a split second,,, he wasn't ill,, he tripped in the carport while my Mom was in the house, did not have time to brace himself against anything, and he died of blunt force trauma to the head; that's where my Mom found him; fast or slow, it matters not as to the pain of loss felt,, ).

I did post back to Elmdea, as did many in John's private FBk page; I think it will be some time until she posts there again,, ; she did, however, send me a Friend request, and she has my email as well.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

RIP John.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Here is John's obituary, posted by Elmdea:

John P. Adams, Jr. (69) of Berkeley Springs, WV, died peacefully at home on September 20, 2019, after a long and painful journey with cancer. He was born February 16, 1950, the son of Nancy Ellen Adams (nee Murphy) and Dr. John Pletch Adams, Sr. He is survived by his father; his wife, Elmdea; his three children: Michael Connor; Julia K (Katie); and Christopher Alexander; and two grandchildren: Nevaeh and Brandon.

John served as the Prosecuting Attorney for Morgan County in the 1990's. He went on to serve as a Public Defender in the Martinsburg office, retiring in 2012. His proudest moment was arguing a case before the West Virginia Supreme Court and receiving a complement from one of the judges for the quality of his brief.

His memorial service will be October 5, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at Hunter-Anderson Funeral Home, 36 S. Green Street, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411.

John began drinking at a young age. By the time he was 29, he knew alcohol would kill him before he was 30 unless he quit. He went into residential treatment, followed by many years of active membership in AA. At the time of his death, he had completed 40 years of sobriety. He was able to do this because he was willing to look at the good and the dark sides of himself, working with them, doing what he could to resolve them. This, in turn, made him a man of great compassion, understanding, and wisdom, although he would claim none of those for himself.

At his death, he was a respected and beloved elder in his local and spiritual communities. Friends describe him as a man of quick wit, with a loving heart, a wry smile, and a wicked sense of humor; a gifted storyteller; a man of his word, a great listener, and a mentor. He would often be reading five books at once ranging from history, to science fiction, to philosophy. He loved MMO's and interacting with guild members. He deep sea dove to wrecks off the southern US coast. He had an abiding love of cats. He loved his wife's pot roast. He hoped he would be remembered as someone who tried and did some different things in his life; who was intelligent and curious; and who was a good friend. His hopes are fulfilled.

In lieu of flowers, it is asked that donations be given in John's name to Hospice of the Panhandle, 330 Hospice Lane, Kearneysville, WV, 25430 www.hospiceotp.org or or www.gofundme.com/f/magus-scholarship-fund. This is the ONLY authorized GoFundMe.

This poem was cherished by John, posted in his meditation and prayer area.

The limbs that move, the eyes that see,
These are not entirely me;
Dead men and women helped to shape,
The mold that I do not escape;

The words I speak, the written line,
These are not uniquely mine.
For in my heart and in my will,
Old ancestors are warring still,

Celt, Roman, Saxon and all the dead,
From whose rich blood my veins are fed,
In aspect, gesture, voices, tone,
Flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone;

In fields they tilled, I plow the sod,
I walk the mountain paths they trod;
Around my daily steps arise -
The good, the bad - those I comprise.

Richard Rolle 1300 - 1349

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

RIP John. I will miss his presence here.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I was away for a few days and had a feeling I'd get back online to this.

I'll miss John dearly and in the short time I knew him, he was incredibly generous with his time, to show me the ropes online. He enjoyed playing and I always looked forward to seeing him there so I could chat a little with him, as well as learn something new he'd figured out.

Rest In Peace, John. We'll all miss you. :(
darcy

Post by darcy »

( I'm on tablet, so can't post the pics at this time,,, )

JOHN ADAMS' MEMORIAL - 10/5/19 - Posted by Elmdea:

"Today was John's Memorial Service. It was a mixed ceremony: Christian and Druid. Suwaylu Adams, who married us, led. Then Dana, Rob, and Nicole offered a Druid ritual. It was all beautifully done.

When I returned home, I could no longer feel John's presence, which is as it should be. We both have work we must do before we can communicate again. This is good. I took off my wedding ring and put it in the special box with John's. It feels like the right thing to do. I may change my mind, or not.

The first picture is of my small sacred space for John. Next is the Bridget altar for the ritual. This is John's statue, a resin copy of a Paul Borda creation, for those familiar with his work. Last is a collage of pictures of John, with some yellow shafted flicker feathers, for all healing love.

I'm not sure there will be much more for me to share here. I'll keep this page open for a while longer and will share one last post before I close/delete it.

Thank you, all of you, for loving John, for supporting him as he traveled this most difficult of life's journeys: the journey to grace and the death of the physical body. Thank you. "

darcy

Post by darcy »

Here are the 3 photos mentioned above: ~

Hipnotic_Tranz
Almighty Member

Post by Hipnotic_Tranz »

I don't check PCA as often as I should but reading through the thread and it looks like this was a rapid development. Saddened to hear the news. Rest easy, John.