Wvjohn has passed away...

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Elmdea
Goober Member

Re: Wvjohn has passed away...

Post by Elmdea »

Darcy invited me to join PCA and FP has let me in ;-) Darcy and I had been e-mailing re: a hardware question I had. While I still have John's computer (mostly for sentimental reasons, but hey), I didn't feel I could ask through his PCA log-in. When I shared that with Darcy, she replied "of course you are part of the group" so I followed a link she set and joined up and FP approved.

I've just read through all your comments on this thread. Has me in tears ... good ones. Your support, figuring out the "high tech" gift, John knowing you were praying and thinking of him were more important to him than you may know. They also became important to me. Thank you for being such strong and loving friends with John.

Over the next few days, I'll explore a bit here. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm guessing a new thread might be easier on us all? But this reply needed to be here.

Virtual hugs to you all, with much love, Elmdea
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Hi Elmdea,

A virtual Hug to you as well. John was quite the character and we miss him dearly. Thank you for sharing him with us. I enjoyed the time we spent chatting and playing online. We knew that Darcy was keeping you updated on our posts and I'm glad you got to personally read through them.

Feel free to post any questions you have. I'm sure you'll find that it's not all techy/nerdy stuff here, as we tend to discuss anything under the sun. You're just as much a part of the PCA family.

Warm Regards,
Carlos
darcy

Post by darcy »

Hi, Elmdea,
I'm so *very* glad to see you made it here to your new PCA family (hugs) , and hope you continue to pop in :) .
Any computer issues you may have in future, these fellas have the answers :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Welcome Elmdea. Virtual hugs all around.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Welcome aboard. Always glad to see a new virtual face.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Who? :E
Elmdea
Goober Member

Post by Elmdea »

Thank you for the warm welcome. <3
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Welcome!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

welcome and A major virtual Hug to you as well.
John was a special member and he help me as well as a lot of others im sure over the years. even last year before he informed any of the health problem's he was having. he gave me some advice in private messages .when were we looking at selling are home in michigan. I for one will be forever grateful to him and miss him. I know my spelling drove him crazy at times . but we both I believe were friends .I remember when he asked for advice when you needed a roof. once again welcome here anytime Elmdea
darcy

Post by darcy »

I'm 2 days late, but happy birthday to John,, may your journey continue to be filled with peace and love.
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I'm sorry to drag this up, but it appears I was gone way, way too long.. I'm very sad to hear of John's passing. He was always willing to help and listen. He was fun to talk to as well. I didn't know him like some of you do, but I know he was around for as long as I have been a member of PCA.. Gone, but never forgotten.. Rest in peace, John..

Chal
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

So this took almost 2 years to get done but the devs at Frontier finally got around to completing it.

Some of you might recall that John enjoyed playing Elite Dangerous. He got me hooked on the game, back in 2015 and I still play it to this day. It's an online space Sim, with a realistic 1:1 scale, open-world representation of the Milky Way galaxy. Well....If you have lost a friend or loved one who played & you wish to have memorialized in Elite Dangerous, they placed memorial beacons at seven locations throughout the galaxy so that anyone who wishes to visit and pay their respects can do so. Each beacon contains the full list of all memorialized names. You fly up to it, scan it and it fills your inbox with several emails, breaking up the list in manageable sizes, so he is listed in the I through K list.

They finally approved my request and John 'Cmdr Nineve' Adams was permanently added to the game, on July 25th. I know it might seem silly to some but this was something he & I played regularly and I thought it would be a nice tribute. I'm reminded of him most times when I play the game.

Last edited by Losbot on Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nice. :smile
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "