!IF you wonder what a remodel of your house may cost .

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

!IF you wonder what a remodel of your house may cost .

Post by reno »

look here to get idea what it might cost to have your project done by your region here ! it will give you a fair cost if you use a major contractor or box store do it. it also give you a idea of value increase or decrease as to the project.
https://www.remodeling.hw.net/cost-vs-value/2019/
keep in mine this is with a contractor getting all permits to do the job- those are tricky because those fee's are always more then you going out and getting them yourself . the contractor will in some case's will have hours spent. pulling them and doing the paper work correctly to be approved the first go round and dotting all the t,s needed. he also a lot of times has to post a bond for the job with the city. (I have in the past had this money held for years to be returned to me after the job was finished by a city . ){so long I didn't even know what the check was for. when it did come from the city to me }
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: !IF you wonder what a remodel of your house may cost .

Post by Losbot »

Other factors come into play too. Like when you have your kitchen all figured out and you're originally looking at 2 slabs of marble for about $1500/slab. Then the wife decides she wants high end quartz and changes the kitchen design so it's now 3 slabs at $3000/slab. Went from $3k to $9k just in counter-tops and a wall. Looks amazing but holy crap she sent it in another direction. LMAO
psypher
Golden Member

Re: !IF you wonder what a remodel of your house may cost .

Post by psypher »

We're currently trying to finalize our kitchen remodel, gutting the entire thing. We originally started looking at quartz, but after visiting several different suppliers, we've decided we actually prefer some granites (which don't look like typical granite), but actually like quartzite the most. Well we like marble too, but with the way we use our kitchen, marble would get ruined.