Study finds no link between autism and measles vaccine

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Study finds no link between autism and measles vaccine

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Good, can we all be rational now and end the stupidity. No, I suppose it's too much to hope for.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... es-vaccine
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Re: Study finds no link between autism and measles vaccine

Post by normalicy »

Huge surprise there.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

IMHO:

I'm trying to find the report because I'm reading that this study was funded by a pharmaceutical company called Novo Nordisk and some of the editors disclosed interests in pharmaceuticals. Can we say bias? Also, there's lots of questions that have been raised about the study. I just don't trust people anymore. These days, you have to question things because it's too easy to spread BS on the Internet and we've seen how most are just sheep. Also, why wait until now, some 5-1/2 years later to tell us about this study?

My concern is that I believe that all the issues that kids have these days are somehow related to the fact that we now inject A LOT more shit into these kids by the time they're 4 than we did back in the day, over their entire lives. Somehow my generation and the ones before it turned out fine and now it seems everyone's got a child with some sort of problem.

We shouldn't just accept what our govt's CDC tells us at face value and not take a moment to think about it. Especially since we've seen that the media all just regurgitate the same shit, verbatim, so you can't believe them anymore as well. Sad.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Sure but every study that says it does has been proven to be beyond phony, and it has also been shown that increased autism numbers are correlated to improved testing methodologies and better classification of related issues, as well as improved global communication make it seem worse than it is. Lets face it, when we were kids, we didn't know shit about what happened or the numbers for any other state unless there was a big news story and the local news didnt give a fuck about that. Now everybody and their grandma can communicate with anybody in less than a second.

Absolutely no argument against vaccines has stood up under any real unbiased scrutiny.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I found it interesting that on the CDC website, they have autism as a possibility the last time I read their info sheet for the (I believe) DTAP vaccine.

And yes, you're correct in that we have better testing but we also used to vaccinate for a few things and we spread them out. Now kids will go in for a visit and they'll get injected 2 or 3 times but they're cocktails, so I'm of the school of thought that not everyone will react positively to a sudden flood of vaccines being introduced into their system.

Why won't they compromise and create individual vaccines for those parents who are not crazy about the cocktails? It might even help determine if the problem is a vaccine or the extra crap they put in the cocktails to make all those vaccines get along. I'd still prefer my kid just get the chicken pox and have a natural immunity. Of course, it means Big Pharma doesn't make any money then. ;)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You do realize that the whole autism link is based on ONE very flawed study whose author himself has admitted this and retracted it?

Frankly I'd be more concerned about multivitamins & supplements. I've stopped taking them myself since I eat a varied diet.

Trace quantities of toxic chemicals have been found in them due to FDA regulation being so weak lately.

While those quantities are extremely low, and the companies argue they are way below the FDA limits, the problem is you're taking them EVERYDAY FOR YEARS and some toxins build up over time.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I blame the internet for EVERYTHING!!!! :rolleyes:
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Bob - I'm fully aware of that study and the admission. I'm fully aware of the benefits of vaccines. I just want to make sure we're vaccinating safely. I don't want to leave the pediatrician's office, worrying for days after my daughter is vaccinated, if she'll have a bad reaction. I want to walk away feeling she'll be protected. I have trust issues when it comes to Big Pharma. These days, they now create new drugs and advertise to us on TV, telling us what we should ask our doctor for, instead of having our doctor make wise decisions. And even after that, I consult with my family members who are pharmacists, since they've spotted screw-ups by our doctors.

I'm just trying to apply some basic common sense. We know everyone is different and reacts differently to things. Problem is these studies that keep saying "Nothing to see here, move along" are all funded by Big Pharma or the CDC (which I believe Big Pharma has in their pockets as well). Others just don't have or can't spend the money to investigate it. It's like we've said here before when it comes to troubleshooting things; Let's look at the individual components because when we throw a bunch of things at the problem, you tend to not know which solution worked and which didn't. Same with these vaccines. Autism aside, there's the documented reports of children having serious adverse reactions shortly after receiving these multi-vaccine mixes. The kids were perfectly fine but something caused their reactions. That's enough to look further into it. It's not just an Autism issue.

Like I said before. How about going back to single vaccines instead of cocktails? The manufacturers don't want to do it though and that's annoying as hell but maybe we'll learn if it's something in the vaccines or how they're binding them all.