17 months later, the stolen data has never been found, and experts are starting to suspect a spy scheme

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

17 months later, the stolen data has never been found, and experts are starting to suspect a spy scheme

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

normalicy

Re: 17 months later, the stolen data has never been found, and experts are starting to suspect a spy scheme

Post by normalicy »

That's odd then, because I received two warnings from my credit monitoring service for applications for credit this year. That's the first time ever and I've had the service for about 8 years.
b-man1

Re: 17 months later, the stolen data has never been found, and experts are starting to suspect a spy scheme

Post by b-man1 »

It's out there, they just haven't found it yet, or are not telling us they have. I also had a HUGE ID theft at the end of last year...no other way did they get the info they had than from the Equifax breach. The level of detail and effort put into the ID theft I had (and am still dealing with) is beyond anything I ever thought possible.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

It's why I froze all 3 credit bureaus. It can, of course, be a pain in the ass. Last time I logged onto the IRS website, to access my account, it tried to verify me and it couldn't because I forgot to unfreeze them temporarily. lol
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

If I hadn't froze my credit accounts, I would have been in big trouble.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

Yeah, definitely freeze everything you can, even the smaller credit bureaus if you can outside of the big three.

Experian
Equifax
TransUnion
Innovis
ChexSystems

There are more, but those will go a long way to help protect yourself. Also make sure to lock down your tax filing via PIN with the IRS. If you have an LLC (where they scammed me), make sure to secure that and your EIN taxpayer ID as well.