Proving you deserve $20,000 from Equifax settlement will be nearly impossible

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Proving you deserve $20,000 from Equifax settlement will be nearly impossible

Post by FlyingPenguin »

A paltry punishment for Equifax, and practically no one will collect a dime except the lawyers. Like most class-action settlements.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/pr ... ar-AAEHhHO
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Re: roving you deserve $20,000 from Equifax settlement will be nearly impossible

Post by Err »

I actually got a dime from a Sylvania class action lawsuit. No joke, I literally got a check for $0.18.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Proving you deserve $20,000 from Equifax settlement will be nearly impossible

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If anyone wants to try:

Equifax breach: How to claim your share of the $700 million settlement
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/equifax-bre ... ettlement/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Proving you deserve $20,000 from Equifax settlement will be nearly impossible

Post by reno »

not the same but wife got refund from GM some years back of 14 cents on a 1999 saturn lease she turned in with 3000 mile under on mileage . we never did cash in the check .we laugh to hard when it arrived it was worth more then the money. also figured they have to keep it on there books till GM was able to write it off . also figured it cost them more to print the check and envelope , stamp cost them more then the 14 cents we received.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Equifax owes you a lot more, but here’s how to get $125 from this week’s settlement
https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/25/8930 ... -up-how-to

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I already have credit monitoring (like 4 services I've received for free with various breaches), so I submitted everything. Should get about $275 for all the nonsense I've dealt with and submitted receipts.
It's crap though. They know who has been affected. Just send us the damn money.