im fed x confused a bit ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

im fed x confused a bit ?

Post by reno »

im I getting 1 or 2 packages delivered ?
here the shipping info . I know its 2 small items -both 25 Ft Tape measures from Milwaukee . you think they just do it in one shipment both item's can't be 5 pounds together. I know they be here in a couple day's. but still interesting looking at the fed x email I was sent today.

TRACKING ID STATUS

128*38468***

Arrived At
OLIVE BRANCH, MS

128*38467***

Arrived At
OLIVE BRANCH, MS

MASTER TRACKING NUMBER 128*38467***
psypher
Golden Member

Re: im fed x confused a bit ?

Post by psypher »

yea, on the tracking page there is a separate tab for multiple packages. The developer of the UI is an idiot, i had to deal with it recently.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: im fed x confused a bit ?

Post by reno »

its mind blowing to me how much money company's waste in there shipping departments .my 2 fed -x cartons arrived today each carton had one item in them .and each item was the same size with the same packing .they used the airpack air filled bags to save on weight . that's a good thing and im glad . but why send two cartons both 8 inch x 12 inch x 12 inch on the same order to the same address . both with a single tape measure the size of 4 in x 6.5 inch x 2.5 inch ? when each carton could of held 12 unit in them. i see this all the time from company's and it make one wonder. how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ companys waste each year on just shipping cost's . sure it end up being passed along to the end user . they say thief is the biggest cost for a lot of retail goods when priced to sell . but shipping cost have to also play a roll in item we buy .I didn't see the shipping cost on the tape measures I just received .but my guess is they could of saved a min.of 1/4 the money spent. if they would of just bundle them into one of the carton .
plus the cost of the carton and extra packing used. over just one year time you could save a ton $$$$$$$$$$$$$ i'm sure .seeing this was a major corp who shipped me these tape measures.