Corona Virus

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
darcy

Re: Corona Virus

Post by darcy »

Fauci on Trump: 'I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down' - CNNPolitics -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/politics ... index.html
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Probably the first Darwin casualty
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -phosphate
Somehow I don't think that story will make it to Fox and Friends.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

psypher wrote:
FlyingPenguin wrote:I keep telling you guys, this IS the ultimate Darwin challenge. Everyone gets to play.

This is why the stupid shit Trump says actually matters and shouldn't be disregarded as, "that's just Trump, or how he speaks..." NO. People have it hard enough with how many are stupid and do stupid shit regardless of who our leaders are. But when you have someone as stupid as Trump is, it's just adding fuel to the Stupid Fire.

It must be sheer dumb luck this couple lived into their 60's.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Social Distancing Theme Song:

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:
FlyingPenguin wrote:I keep telling you guys, this IS the ultimate Darwin challenge. Everyone gets to play.

This is why the stupid shit Trump says actually matters and shouldn't be disregarded as, "that's just Trump, or how he speaks..." NO. People have it hard enough with how many are stupid and do stupid shit regardless of who our leaders are. But when you have someone as stupid as Trump is, it's just adding fuel to the Stupid Fire.
People are stupid. Doesn't matter who says it. The guy took his fish tank cleaning supplies and ate it. They're stupid. Lots of chemicals are used for various things, even in out foods.
I swear there's no personal accountability anymore. We just blame others for everything these days.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
------------------------------------------

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote: I swear there's no personal accountability anymore. We just blame others for everything these days.
Kind of like the president of an unnamed country...
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

I wanted to share with you all something I thought about earlier today. If you look at the statistics of world wide confirmed vs deaths, the percentage of deaths is incredibly scary, 4.5%. Crazy high, so of course we try to somehow make sense of it to calm down, maybe say things like, well there's a lot of poorer/less capable countries included. Ok, fine, lets just focus on the US. That figure is around 1.5%, oh wow that's so much better, ok maybe it's not so bad. I live in a neighborhood of 70 homes, with an average of about 3 family members per house. Being in such a small neighborhood with our own private clubhouse/pool pretty much everyone here is close in terms of neighbors. Everyone knows each other. We hang out the pool in the summer, drink, bbq, hold kids events for all the holidays (Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Memorial Day, Labor Day, last day of school, etc...), have community work days. You know what that 1.5% is? That's an entire family dead.

I didn't post this as any sort of scare post. I just wanted to share my thoughts and make these random numbers/statistics somewhat more meaningful that anyone can easily relate to. Ya'll stay safe now.
Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

Is it just me or is the scariest statistic, the daily new cases of the Covid-19 infection?

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

The worst part of this virus is how it attacks the lungs. What is staggering is the number of new cases here in the US, but this could be due to almost everyone wanting to be tested.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

US achieves another #1 status! We're the best, hugest most beautiful!

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I would guess the numbers of cases in the USA are double or triple of the numbers being reported. There's still a shortage of tests and if you're not important or lucky, you can't get tested.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

i wonder country's like russia that have not reported are like ! these are not included in any figure .
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

reno wrote:i wonder country's like russia that have not reported are like ! these are not included in any figure .
https://news.yahoo.com/putin-hopes-russ ... 07904.html

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-offers-wee ... 21100.html
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

for some reason i don't believe this report .
Russia has reported 658 cases of coronavirus, with Wednesday seeing its sharpest increase in new cases
also no deaths. :said: